Super Custom Landcruiser

datrupr

Expedition Leader
WoW!!!! That is some crazy fabrication. That thing is awesome, it is like a super cool Toyota version of an Avalanche. Sweet, thanks for posting that up Pasquale.

60seriesguy

Adventurer
Looks good, but it's WAY overpriced and being pitched to the wrong target. The seller has had it on Ebay 4 or 5 times without reaching their reserve (hint, hint) and they need to make up their mind, either it's a wheeling vehicle, or it's a mall Cruiser (note the wheels), can't be both.

BMAN

Adventurer
Is it Alan? I thought it was Alexander. Regardless, I like the concept, but not the execution.

Henry's got a point about the Bling factor on this rig. And the "hey rich guys lookey here approach" seems to be over the top to me. If I were going to exploit the disgustingly wealthy (which I see no moral dilemma with) I sure wouldn't be trying to do it with close up or fuzzy pics of my worn out leather seats. Podvin has some great ideas, but the execution seems slightly less than what I would expect for a $40k rig with 75k miles on the clock. Although a completely different type of vehicle I would be a whole lot faster to reach for the wallet for $40k to buy Nolen Grogan's "Kate".

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=79378

She's way more Super and Custom in my eyes.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I remember BTB ( then in San Jose) in the mid 90's building FJ40's from the gound up very custom and slick for 75K - I don't think this sale is out of the question - heck I have a ton of money in my 40 and it is not even close to being finished - using this one as a model to sell another one to be built - the american free enterprise system at work :lurk:

Seeing it up close - he does do great fab work

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
He had other wheels and tires on it when it was in Toyota Trails/Moab. It can go on the trails no question. I'm curious why it's for sale again.

SixLug

Explorer
Yeah, I remember seeing that thing on trail (in photos) and it looked way better with ******** Cepek tires on it and all that. Now its all....(gulp)...blingy. Sweet fab though.

blupaddler

Conspirator
I don't care what you guys say...I would drive that thing tomorrow, minus the rims.

That guy had some skilz. I can only hope one day of being half the craftsman that he is. His work is pretty legendary in Landcruiser circles. Apparantley, he just builds stuff and sells it. He just llikes building stuff.

BMAN

Adventurer
Take a look at the pics again and please explain to me what exactly is all mad skillzy about this truck. A custom lift on a 100 series? You can score one from Slee. Is it the fact that he quad cabbed it? Or that all of high quality welding and panel fitment is covered up by Rhino lining? Or is it the way the spare is custom grafted into the tailgate by cutting a big hunk out of the outer skin in the shape of the tire then pop rivetting a flat sheet over the giant hole in the top of the gate? Or is it those "custom" laser cut toyota and landcruiser plates? The guys at the structural iron shop next door to me can turn out that stuff for me too. I'm not trying to sound harsh but like I said before, it's a good idea... just poor execution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne