australia

XXXpedition

Explorer
ok
we are in sydney.
we've been up for almost 40 hours, got through customs ok, even without a return ticket and opened a bank account. we are sipping a coffee on the 36th floor overlooking the city and writing email...

stay tuned.

www.xxxpedition.com
sven + magdalena

Scott Brady

Founder
Fantastic :)

I am so proud of you both, and your accomplishments. We will all be waiting patiently for your first report.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Right on Sven! :victory: Thanks for posting and please keep us updated when you can. Best of luck to you both!

Now go get some sleep! :p

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Oh man I know that trip all to well. At least you got to stop in sydney. When we went we landed had a 2 hr lay over to our flight to adelaid LOL! I'm jealous as %^&$ wish I was there!!!

XXXpedition

Explorer
i'm sorry to report that our customs agent screwed something up with the papers and we didn't get customs clearance. the carnet is invalid and this wanna-be-holiday in the usa today is not helping us at all.

originally it was planned that we get the truck end of this week...
now it could take 3 weeks from all i know :-((((((((((((

at this time we are just wasting time and money sitting in sydney instead of exploring the continent.

i'll keep you posted
keep your fingers crossed

sven + magdalena

ps: we probably post something on the website soon. so far there was not much to report...

Last edited:

XXXpedition

Explorer
the news don't get better - everything was done according to protocol but oz customs doesn't want to accept it... :-(

once this is all over, we will write up a guide on how to import a vehicle temporarily to oz...

sven

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
sven-

Sorry to hear of your bad luck! Hope everything gets squared away for you! I was looking forward to your trip report!

Wil

XXXpedition

Explorer
well, we don't give up that easy...

we'll be posting a bit soon and once we're on the road there will be trip reports!!!

stay tuned...

XXXpedition

Explorer
hi
short update:

still no news on the truck. somebody lost the registration for the truck and we had to get a new one. a friend in la helped!

truck still in customs. started a new process since the original papers were wrong. might clear customs in the next few days (keep your fingers crossed)
then we still need a road permit to be able to drive it in oz.
we'll keep you posted...

new updates on our site:
segment 1, gallery1, wildlife gallery
the gallery can be accessed through the gallery-logo and then click gallery 1 and wildlife.
still some issues with the site. syncronizing the new comp. with the old makes problems. hope to solve soon.

sven + magdalena

Scott Brady

Founder
Best of luck Sven. Please do not hesitate to get us involved if we can help in any way.

Whatever you need, just ask...

XXXpedition

Explorer
we have left sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes, it was a lot of hassle and the us-shipper caused the most delay but we're on the road. please check the new updates and some new pics on our site (segment 1 and gallery 1).
we also added a recommandation to temporarily importing cars to oz.

enjoy
sven + magdalena

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Sven, that is great news! Glad to hear that you are finally on the road (albeit the wrong side) exploring that magnificent country. I can't wait to hear about your travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles