Hot water on the trail - from OZ

Scott Brady

Founder
That looks like a nice unit, and considerably more compact than the IsoTemp. Nice find.

My only concern with that would be the length of warm shower you would have with the limited reserve. Maybe it would be ok, especially if you are recirculating into a bucket.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I/we have learned to use limited water for showering. (Lucky to have a travel partner who knows how to conserve, without it not feeling luxurious) I have tested this with a primitive Zodi. We can do it with a gallon per person. I will try and set up an easy access switch and quick disconnects somewhere convenient. Trying to stay light and compact.

Let the testing begin :archaeolo

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
After talking with Kurt from cruiseroutfitters.com he informed me that the Shower kit will heat water approx. 40 degrees hotter than the water fed into it. The Hot water system which I purchased. Will heat water to the temp of the vehicles cooling/heating system - in my case somewhere - 190 degrees/ This unit comes with a temperature control valve and a more complex set up for I/O - The unit will take a few weeks to get to me. I will do a full photo set and write up when I install ;)

Attachments

• Bed Rack 014.JPG
    Bed Rack 014.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Bed Rack 016.JPG
    Bed Rack 016.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Bed Rack 017.JPG
    Bed Rack 017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • Bed Rack 005.JPG
    Bed Rack 005.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Bed Rack 004.JPG
    Bed Rack 004.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Bed Rack 010.JPG
    Bed Rack 010.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Bed Rack 008.JPG
    Bed Rack 008.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Shower Inclosure

Desertdude.....

I've been seeing you write about your new hot water shower thingy.....then I ran across this today.

These people also make a lot of interesting larger tents.....I think VikingVince uses one.

....and!.....they are in my town!

Just thought I would share.

LINK

tepee.jpg

Here......I included the hand.

tepee_side.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Hey that is a real nice shower set up - I like the hands reaching outside for a dry towel - and the floor system-

I went on a trip last spring that required portable toilet of some type - so I went for the P.E.T pricey but quality and function all in one

S

Scenic WonderRunner

OK!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm getting EXCITED about a Camp Shower!!!!!!! :p

01086large.jpg

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
datrupr said:
If you buy one of those does it come with the girl too????? :hehe:

Yes - but as you can see, she has tire covers.

:suning:

[for those who missed the thread to which this refers, see Why Do I Always Get In Trouble]

datrupr

Expedition Leader
DesertRose said:
Yes - but as you can see, she has tire covers.

:suning:

[for those who missed the thread to which this refers, see Why Do I Always Get In Trouble]

OMG!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :xxrotflma That is too funny Roseanne.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
DesertRose said:

Roseanne, you've got it all wrong. The thread is "I hate when I get in trouble". And it is because of these comments and thoughts I am in trouble ALOT!!!!

Besides, even if I did order the shower and girl came with it, Colette would just beat the crap out of her (with the shower) and then take her out for cocktails and tell her she can do much better and that she should go and get both of them a "real" man. hehehehehehe

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Colette would just beat the crap out of her (with the shower) and then take her out for cocktails and tell her she can do much better and that she should go and get both of them a "real" man. hehehehehehe

Now that is funny! :xxrotflma Yup they would become great friends and you would be out in the dog house :sport_box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles