My latest mods

colvere

Observer
A couple of weeks ago I replaced the old woodhead shocks on my disco with some new procomp units. So far they seem to be much better. while replacing the shocks I noticed my rear fenders were abit crunched. I decided to fix it by giving my fenders the old fashion Camel Cut. With a little liquid courage I measured and taped off the cut and did it. I will post some pics when I get back home. I will test my articulation this weekend and see if it helps.

My next mod will be storage in the rear. Has anyone purchased or had a look at the slide in cargo caddy in Cabelas? They have a unit that matches the dimmensions of my rig. I am not sure if it would hold the weight of a fridge.
it does look like it is rotomolded. that plus a dog gaurd would be nice.

Attachments

• suvcaddy.jpg
    suvcaddy.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 110

Scott Brady

Founder
I like those storage units. Good space utilization, and could still support a fridge if required.

I think all your Disco needs is a rear locker, then look out! :luxhello:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Nice update. The Camel Cut sounds cool :cool: If you decide to try the cargo caddy, let us know how it goes.

durango_60

Explorer
I'd be really interested in someone else being the guinea pig with that cargo caddy, looks like it could be a great affordable alternative to either building your own or buying some really high priced drawer system.

colvere

Observer
expeditionswest said:
I like those storage units. Good space utilization, and could still support a fridge if required.

I think all your Disco needs is a rear locker, then look out! :luxhello:

I called Great Basin in Utah a week or so ago and he recomended the truetrac for my rig but said I could not go wrong with the ARB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles