The Dogs Dinner

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Anybody have stories about a dog eating dinner, more specifically your dinner?

One year when I was a kid my standard poodle, Brutus, ate the Easter ham. I can't remember the details but I'll never forget everybody walking into the dining room to see him laying on the table gnawing on the ham.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Same thing kind of...

Growing up my best friend had a Great Dane, Thanksgiving Day the family pulled the Turkey out of the oven and left it to cool, the dog grabbed it and went.... they chased the dog to our carport and cornered it.... I remember the dog peeing in fear as my friend's dad grabbed it.

CJCA

Adventurer
Years ago a Siamese cat attacked the Thankgiving turkey as it sat on the kitchen counter thawing. Grandma said no worries, just trim off the part the cat knawed on. No one knew the difference after the bird was cooked.

I had a sweet little female sable ferret that loved steak and would steal pieces off of my plate when I wasn't looking. I took to giving her her share of NY strip to keep her happy and out of my dinner plate. She was quite a character!

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Pet Hawk

My friend Clay, a member here but just lurks, had a pet Hawk growing up, he used to trap animals for feeding it and just slice them up and freeze them, fur and all. His grandfather was visiting one time and pulled out a tupperware from the freezer and said what's this, his mom asked what does it say? "chipmunks" he replied and she said that it what it is.... he didn't believe her and opened it... Clay said he didn't eat a thing in the house his whole visit.

When my dog was a puppy, probably ten pounds (he's 18 pounds now), he climbed up on the table when we weren't looking and ate an entire stick of butter. Skipped the baked beans, mashed potatoes, and kielbasa sausage and just went straight for the butter. Gobbled it right up.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
We were just talking about this last night. A few years back our Shiba, Kisho, lept from the couch to the end table and got a small piece of a tasty burrito Josh had just made for dinner. Kisho decided that since he managed to get a small part, the entire burrito was now claimed to be his and the battle was on...Josh managed to get it back but only barely.

Our other dog, Caesar, when he was about 2 managed to pull a giant easter basket FULL of chocolate off the kitchen counter and eat the WHOLE THING while I was out running errands. I thought for sure he was going to die when I saw what he did but he was perfectly fine....he pooped pink and purple foil for a couple of days and couldn't stop running up and down the stairs, but fine. :Wow1:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
My friend Clay, a member here but just lurks, had a pet Hawk growing up, he used to trap animals for feeding it and just slice them up and freeze them, fur and all. His grandfather was visiting one time and pulled out a tupperware from the freezer and said what's this, his mom asked what does it say? "chipmunks" he replied and she said that it what it is.... he didn't believe her and opened it... Clay said he didn't eat a thing in the house his whole visit.

I had one like this, I caught a garter snake once and took it home as a pet. Normally I get it gold fish but I got him some pinky mice too. the ones he didn't eat I put in a match box in the freezer. My mom and dad knew I put them there, but my sister wondered why someone put matches in the freezer until she opened them up and saw that they were most definitely not matches.

Our cat will eat anything left on the table or counter that isn't covered, so everything gets a lid in our kitchen. And when we are cooking the dog sits right under you waiting for the tiniest little scrap to fall to the floor so she can snatch it up. We hardly ever have to clean that floor because the dog licks everything up for us.

pint

Adventurer
Lest year my 10 year old was sitting on the floor watching TV eating a big Chipotle burrito. He had to go to the bathroom all the sudden and ran to go pee. I was in the other room not paying much attention that he set his burrito on the floor. 5 seconds later a big "oh ********" ran through my head. I ran in there and my English bulldog ate the whole thing in like 3 giant bites in less than 20 seconds! She was happy as could be and rocked some massive farts for a couple day!

Not my dog, but years ago my wife and I were camping in a very remote cabin in Northern Minnesota. I was cooking a big juicy chicken on the grill outside the cabin. It was nearly done and I was checking on it and noticed a nice sized black bear walking out of the woods towards me out of the corner of my eye. It was only about 15 feet away! I dropped the grill lid and ran the 3 steps into the cabin like a little girl! I watched through the window as the bear grabbed my chicken and walked back into the woods!!! :Wow1:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Few years ago we were all sitting on my parents' porch on 4th July when we heard this shouted "Camille, NO!" from the neighbors (Camille is my parents' Springer Spaniel) and then watched Camille come tearing through the bushes with what must have been 5lbs of ribs. She also ate a different neighbor's cell phone, and she loves Ugg boots.

My Labradoodle actually isn't much of a "people food" eater, though he absolutely loves baby carrots.

gasman

Adventurer
ha cool thread... i used to have a bassett hound what great dog,, anyway i had just brought in a couple of moose steaks from the bbq . when the doorbell rang.. i wasnt at the door 30 seconds when i heard the dog. she couldnt jump if she treid but some how she got em right off the kitchen table . like i said she was a great dog would never beg but cook up some wild game and her nose took over.. i miss that dog..........:elkgrin:

Mamontof

Explorer
Anybody have stories about a dog eating dinner, more specifically your dinner?

My friends shut a yang female wild pig , so i take intense , wash clean , soak in white wine and garlic rub with fresh paprika , chop selected meat parts , marinade , make HI class fresh hunting kielbasa with spices . Its take me 3-4 hours preparation time only , take more as hour simple light rusted in olive oil and low heat with garlic , bell peppers ,onion , forest mushrooms , spices and black beer .:chef:
When kielbasa smell so good as my own stomach start play orchestra and my friends faces was so happy in expectation to put they fauns in my culinary art ...well a freaking DOG Jump on table and run between a trees...pulling behind him 3 feet of our diner :Wow1::
Worst part we mast bring dog to the veterinary , dog cry so badly , we easy can here hay our kielbasa play orchestra in dog stomach ,burn him with pain :ylsmoke:.
Dumb dog did not know that kielbasa mast be eating with allot of Dark beer and he probably drink a water , try to stop burning fire .:wings::wings:

dlbrunner

Adventurer
Last year I was at home one night cooking a prime rib. It was about 5 pounds or so. I pulled it out of the oven, sliced it up and left the remainder as far back on the counter as I could. I was enjoying dinner in front of the TV when I heard noises in the kitchen......When I looked, the prime rib was gone, and my Siberian Husky was too....

I caught her another time all four paws on the kitchen table lapping up my bowl of cheerios.

Total counter surfer.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Just last night we put the remainders of a chicken carcass outside for our cat to eat, and when I let the dogs out I noticed he had dragged it away somewhere. This morning my wife found it under the back of her car in the garage.

alosix

Expedition Leader
ha cool thread... i used to have a bassett hound what great dog,, anyway i had just brought in a couple of moose steaks from the bbq . when the doorbell rang.. i wasnt at the door 30 seconds when i heard the dog. she couldnt jump if she treid but some how she got em right off the kitchen table . like i said she was a great dog would never beg but cook up some wild game and her nose took over.. i miss that dog..........:elkgrin:

I had (lost in the divorce) a really petite ~40lb basset hound. Couldn't jump to save her life. But.. the one day there was a Jelly roll on the kitchen counter near done. She managed to get up there and pull it down for the other 2 dogs that were there.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I had a very large german shorthair pointer. He knocked a quart of ATF off the shelf, chewed it open, and drank the hole thing. I called the vet and he said "wait and see". He passed it on thru, but for about 2 days it really irrated his hind end. As soon as I'd let him out the door, he would drag his butt across the lawn. The sun came out real bight on the third day an we had yellow streaks of dead grass radiating out from the backdoor. No other bad effect on the dog.

Same dog snagged 2 lbs of frozen hamburger out of my mom's hands

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz