CL: Toyota Tercel 4X4 1983 - $950 (Helena)

getout

Adventurer
Not mine but I think this would make a sick little expo vehicle. Now if I only went places instead of working on my van wishing I was going places...sigh...

Not mine:

I have a 1983 Toyota Tercel 4X4 wagon for sale in good condition. 161K miles. 1.5L 3AC motor, 5speed trans with Extra Low gear. Brand new tires (only 500 miles on them). Leather interior is in great shape with just a few little tears in the driver seat. The 4 wheel drive works great. body is in all around good shape with a little rust and a few dings here and there. I drove it almost all winter with no problems. It smokes a bit when you first start her up but runs good after she warms up (could just need carburator adjusted). gets great gas milage. I've taken it to missoula a couple times and it usually takes less than half a tank round trip, and at $25 to fill it up thats not bad. this was supposed to be a project but turned into a daily driver and now i want something alittle bigger.

I'm asking $950 O.B.O. please call me with questions. 461-4016

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3k23o83ld5T85Pd5R0a39cc7c9a76d20c14d1.jpg

3m53p43l05T55P05Rda3909d9bfb878981b00.jpg

3n63k23p95T15P65R6a3957838a0e4cb01438.jpg

3o83p03l15T65P75R3a394098212fafd618fa.jpg

http://helena.craigslist.org/cto/1636676669.html

Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I love it! I would so DD and trail run the crap outta that thing. Too bad I don't have the $950 or the time to go to Montana to pick it up and bring it back.

On Edit: Fixed it. Thanks KC. :D

Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
That's why I don't have $950 to spend on this car right now. I need to save up to buy an atlas.

Thanks for correcting me, KC, you truly are a good friend.

WxMan

Adventurer
I used to have an '85 4x4 tercel as my daily driver. It was absolutely unstoppable. Unfortunately someone wrecked it two days after I ordered a new '03 WRX wagon and the damage was not worth fixing.

Tercel_On_Slope.jpg

Tercel_In_Mud.jpg

Tercel%20_In_Mud_2.jpg

Wagon.jpg

Muddy_Tercel.jpg

Stone Love

WOW! that was my tercel!!!

It is so funny to see my old Tercel on here! I was actually the one that wrote that ad for it. I ended up selling that thing for 900 which was pretty good considering it was given to me for free, not running. Man, its been 3 years since i've seen that thing. I wonder how its doing now. I used to trail ride the hell outta that thing. I was actually just searching for another one for sale cause i miss having it, and stumbled across this thread.

I put jeep cherokee coil springs in the back (which bolted in with no trouble at all) to raise the back 3" and put generic coil spacers up front for 2" lift. The granny Low gear was perfect for rock crawling, no joke! it was just alittle gutless on the highway and in heavy snow. I had a little 1ton winch on the front bumper that i never used cause that thing never got stuck.

I'll upload another picture of it for you guys to check out.

Attachments

• downsized_0308001413.jpg
    downsized_0308001413.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 260

Dogteam

Wow.
I'm sad now, I miss my '83 Tercel 4x4. And my '85. Still have my '86, but I only use it as a tractor now. (Pulls a Swisher mower to keep my trails open).

Best wagon ever.

JeepDork

Adventurer
Montana stationwagon thing

It must be a Montana thing. I grew up in Helena and I had a Subaru wagon with snow tires from Sears, I had a small winch on it too. I made it 3/4 of a mile away from Tizar lakes in that thing! Puddles deep enough to burn out the electric fan and fill the headlights with water on that trip. Glad to see I am not alone in 4 wheeling the hell out of car!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior