Wandering Through Siberia - Russia E7 Trip Report

GregInUtah

GregInUtah
Nice post Kurt. Thanks for being a part of the Russian/Siberian segment. My experience was better because you were there. I look forward to logging some kms on the CSR with you in a few months.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Nice post Kurt. Thanks for being a part of the Russian/Siberian segment. My experience was better because you were there. I look forward to logging some kms on the CSR with you in a few months.

Thank you Greg! :cool:

Respect! Wonderful trip! Did you meet with off-road clubs in Magadan, Irkutsk, Ulan - Ude?:friday:

We met with some 4x4 club members in Magadan, in fact we ended up a shop owned/shared by a couple of the guys and he showed off his Land Cruiser and let us borrow his pressure washer to knock the grit of the rigs before loading them in the the container. By the time Greg was done washing, his 78's looked like the day they were built :D

desmocruiser

Observer
Well written account of a great adventure!

Having the pleasure to meet you guys at the Swell overnighter/Moab this past May, it is easy to understand the camaraderie that was developed within the group and shared with unique and interesting people in one of the most fascinating and untouched parts of the world.

Continued safe and interesting travels!

cruiseroutfit

Well written account of a great adventure!

Having the pleasure to meet you guys at the Swell overnighter/Moab this past May, it is easy to understand the camaraderie that was developed within the group and shared with unique and interesting people in one of the most fascinating and untouched parts of the world.

Continued safe and interesting travels!

Thanks!

Will you be joining us again in the Swell this year?

WheresMurph

Adventurer
Excellent write up, made me start to get really worried and I'm not there yet. It's even worse and remote than I heard.

Thanks (I think) for the pics too. Probably would of been better had I not seen them :).

Murph.

cruiseroutfit

Excellent write up, made me start to get really worried and I'm not there yet. It's even worse and remote than I heard.

Thanks (I think) for the pics too. Probably would of been better had I not seen them :).

Murph.

When do you plan to be in Russia?

Wainiha

Explorer
Looks like fun. Closest I've gotten to Siberia is sailing off the coast of Kamchatka. My dad was in the merchant marine and I went with him across the pacific. HOLY COLDNESS for the Kauai Boy!

cruiseroutfit

Looks like fun. Closest I've gotten to Siberia is sailing off the coast of Kamchatka. My dad was in the merchant marine and I went with him across the pacific. HOLY COLDNESS for the Kauai Boy!

Thanks! I bet that was a cold trip for you :D

I'm a 'shorts-in-winter' Utah native so the cold didn't bother me much. Of course we were not there during the extreme double digit negatives so I'd likely be singing a different tune ;)

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
E7_Rusia%20(19).JPG

Sleeping mode inside the E7 Troopies

Hey Kurt,
I wonder if you would be willing to talk some about living out of the rigs and the sleep setups.
I know you guys split up time between hotels, guest places and camping but you still spent alot of time in the rigs. And when you did camp there was the cooking, packing, cleaning and sleeping setup.

Did you guys pack up the sleep setup each morning since it was based on top of the storage?
Was the fridge sizes ok for the group do too big? too small?
How many people were in each rig and was there room for all of each persons gear?
Showers?
Was the water storage enough?

Having owned a Troopie myself I know they really do hold a ton of stuff and the high roof really helps with moving around inside. So I am looking forward to your comments as I go into my next build.
Thanks a ton in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles