VANifornication!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Welcome!!! Does it drive/handle good? It looks great, always nice to see another 4x4 van on the road. Mind if I steal pics for my site??? :D

aksavanaman

The way I see it, what a perfect way to display the 26" (I will presume those are standard tires on your bike:bike_rider:) of ground clearance.... at the body of course:D
Very nice looking Van!

SoCalChaos

Observer
Welcome!!! Does it drive/handle good? It looks great, always nice to see another 4x4 van on the road. Mind if I steal pics for my site??? :D
By all means have at it!
It handles really well, better than what I expected. I'd like just a little more pick up but it's not bad at all.

The way I see it, what a perfect way to display the 26" (I will presume those are standard tires on your bike:bike_rider:) of ground clearance.... at the body of course:D
Very nice looking Van!
Thanks!
Nope thats a 29er! A Turner Sultan, tires are Specialized Pugatory 2.4s

Last edited:

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
Very nice with 4wd change.
FWIW Had the same van that we used for camping, hauling bikes and daily driver.
Keep the original interior, only change was a 3 section full width electric reclining sofa bed.
Push a button, seat and back folded flat, while the third section folded flat from back.
Adapted the sofa bed mounting so it would fit into the OEM floor lock downs.
Always had the option to change OEM seating and sofa/bed around depending on use, very versatile.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
lift is completed! :wings:

Big thanks to Chris[UJoint] and Terry[RockKrawler] for working with me and answering all my questions.
and the rest of the 4WP Temecula crew/and techs for dealing with my impatiences :D
tried not to be overbearing, but I'm sure I was... Again a big THANKS!
You are very welcome Rodel, it was a pleasure seeing it come together and a great break from the everyday Jeep & Chevy build!

SoCalChaos

Observer
What are the specs on your wheels? They look good!
XD Bully 123s
Diameter: 17.00 "
Width: 8.00 "
Finish: Satin Black with Removable Brushed Aluminum Simulated Bead Ring
Construction: Aluminum
Backspace: 4.5 "
Max Load: 3600 lbs

Sweet van. Curious to see what you do inside. subscribed.
Thanks! I go back and forth on the interior build, but for now just going to build a mtb hauler for the summer.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
XD Bully 123s
Diameter: 17.00 "
Width: 8.00 "
Finish: Satin Black with Removable Brushed Aluminum Simulated Bead Ring
Construction: Aluminum
Backspace: 4.5 "
Max Load: 3600 lbs

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for, and pretty much what I was planning on for my van. I couldn't tell from the pics whether yours were 17's or 18's. The rings were throwing me off.

SoCalChaos

Observer
Progress has been slow... life just got in the way.

got some side steps installed... went with N-Fab as I got a super deal on them.
Picked up the UJoint front bumper to!

then found a used aluminess tire carrier that needed some modifications to fit my full sized spare... easy and cheap enough.

then picked up this NV 271 t-case today before coming into work....
more than I cared to spend but completely rebuilt and hopefully buys me some peace of mind.
3hr round trip up to Burbank and back to Orange County during holiday weekend traffic :smiley_drive:

finalizing an order with UJoint today... i keep flip-flopping on a new fuel tank... hate the thought of losing a couple gallons.
4x4 conversion should be done in a couple weeks after I get the rest of the parts from UJoint.

Then on to the interior!

Last edited:

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Nice to see you are making some more progress! Life keeps tossing monkey wrenches into the works here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles