Holy Cow! GovLiq auction truck...

Riptide

Explorer
Ginormous?? That's a friggin' steal!! The truck is a 1987, with less than 3K, with, what, a 100K in equipment? Awesome box!

Nice find!!

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
I'd pay that $11K, set up a workshop that could build a full custom expo rig, and get the base rig essentially for free!

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Oops...

Uh, Guess I should have said that since most stuff there starts at 150bucks...and most junk seems to go for hundreds of dollars...maybe a couple grand for something just stupid-big...and these trucks turn up time to time too. Usually a bunch of old duece and a halfs or 5tons...but some interesting and usually cheap non the less.

OTR

Adventurer
A great example of our tax dollars being wasted. Why not keep all of the tools for and then unload the truck. I understand that the truck may have served its intended service life, but the tools have not.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
A great example of our tax dollars being wasted. Why not keep all of the tools for and then unload the truck. I understand that the truck may have served its intended service life, but the tools have not.

You'd think they'd atleast begin by only openning the auction to other gov. agencies so procurement budgets could be strecthed, but no.

LostDelta

You'd think they'd atleast begin by only openning the auction to other gov. agencies so procurement budgets could be strecthed, but no.

They did.

If it is on Govliquidation.com than it has gone through a three tier process. It is first left out to be sold to the branch of the government that it came from. Then it moves onto all government agency's (everything from the military to the Department of Natural resources) and finally it is sold to the general public.

"That property is first offered for reutilization within the Department of Defense (DoD), transfer to other federal agencies, or donation to state and local governments and other qualified organizations. Reutilization means big savings. In fiscal 2008, $2.2 billion worth of property was reutilized. Every dollar's worth of property reutilized is a tax dollar saved. DLA Disposition Services also supports disaster relief at home, and humanitarian assistance and foreign military sales programs."
Link

If it is not purchased by the general public it will go back through the process again.

I have bought from GovLiquidation before, after your sale is processed (by the civilian company who runs Govliquidation.com) you will be told to contact the local warehouse that holds the item and then you will work with the government. I myself worked with DRMO at Ft. Lewis. If you go and look around the warehouse at Ft. Lewis you will find that 2/3rd of the VERY big warehouse is not available to the public to even look at. It sits for months waiting for different agencies to consider buying it, but they rarely do.

LostDelta--

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Yeah, what he said.
I used to buy stuff for our volunteer FD at a disposal depot in Richmond, VA.

Bought one of these for $200 to use a brush truck and drove it back to Northern VA.
Deuce%20and%20a%20half%20exercise%20Rambler%201979.jpg

I used to go to the disposal office is where the mobile shop truck is located for spot bid auctions.
I don't know if they still have those or not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles