Fjällräven Keb Endurance Expedition Tents - Limited Offer

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Starting in 2016, Fjällräven will be bringing their high quality tents to the US. During the next two weeks I will be accepting pre-orders for their brand new Keb Endurance Expedition tent. The pre-order price is 30% off retail price + shipping. The coupon code is LMTKEB and it expires on August 14th when the pre-order window closes. The tents are scheduled for delivery in March of 2016. Go here to place your order. For those of you who are not familiar with tunnel tents, they are a highly stable and durable design particularly suited for harsh conditions. The generous vestibules are great for storing gear, cooking when it rains, or for having a separate sleeping area for your dog, amongst other things.

Tiktaalik Keb Endurance Tent Snow.jpgAkka_bla_vinter.jpgTiktaalik Akka 4 Pine Green.jpg

garwhal

Observer
How would the Fjallraven compare against the Hilleberg tents. Hilleberg makes one of the finest tube tents I have used. I am in the market for a 4 person tube tent and was going to order another Hilleberg when I saw this. Thoughts?

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Hilleberg vs Fjällräven

I can't speak from personal experience just yet. I have a Hilleberg Kaitum 2GT tent and its nothing short of amazing. I will be ordering a Keb Endurance tent to evaluate. From what I've heard they seem very comparable in design and quality. Looking at the materials for example, the Keb Endurance tent has the same flysheet specs as Hillebergs Black Label tents (40D Ripstop) which is their top of the line, most durable tents. One difference is that my Kaitum tent only has a door on one side and it appears that every model of Keb endurance has a door on each side and the Keb 4 has 3 doors which is nice. Another nice thing about both Hilleberg and Fjällräven tents is that they don't have toxic flame retardants which makes the fabric weak and has been proven not to work. Fjällräven treats both sides of its flysheet fabric with 4 layers of silicone which gives it a 3000mm waterproof rating and makes it even more durable. Unfortunately these tents are so new there aren't even photos available yet. The most comparable tent is their awarded Akka Endurance tent, which the Keb tent is based on. I have attached some photos of the Akka Endurance tent. Here is also an old video of the Akka Endurance tent.

How would the Fjallraven compare against the Hilleberg tents. Hilleberg makes one of the finest tube tents I have used. I am in the market for a 4 person tube tent and was going to order another Hilleberg when I saw this. Thoughts?

52035-660.jpg52034-660_detalj1_small.jpg

H

High Country Nomads

I can vouch for Fjallraven. A few years ago I purchased an AKKA Endurance 3 and used it a few times here in Colorado. It was bomb proof but a bit heavy at 11 lbs so I sold it and bought a Hilleberg Jannu. I ordered mine from an online retailer in Europe because i was tired of waiting for them to show in the US. Congrats on the new product coming in.

Newbies 194.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior