Bronco Concept?

kfgk14

Adventurer
Damn! I was worried Ford had nowhere to go with the SUV, what and with all their STUPID crossovers. This would fit the lineup just right. If they took this idea and produced it, that'd be tits.
That right there is an absolutely perfect exploration rig for 2 travelling light. Well, maybe stretch it 6 inches or so for laying-down space, but otherwise :D

78Bronco

Explorer
Not a convertible therefore not a real bronco.

Ford needs to make a mid-size full convertible bronco to compete with the Jeep Wrangler.

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
A little more slope to the C pillars, give it about a 10" stretch to get it looking more proportional, and make that back portion of the top removable, and that'd be hot!!!! A 6.2L manual trans rig would be a whole lot of fun!!! (I don't think they make a stick shift Raptor but hey, I can dream, right?)

kfgk14

Adventurer
Make a 5-door version too, give the suburban a run for it's money. The modern suburban is just...bleh...

4x4junkie

Explorer
Ford needs to make a mid-size full convertible bronco to compete with the Jeep Wrangler.

This right here.
Ever since the TJ came out and sales exploded (and now again even more so with the JK... Chrysler can't even keep up with demand for them, or so I've heard), it makes no sense why Ford remains absent from this market. Them coming out with that Escape-based pile of $#!1 Bronco concept about 8 years ago just shows how lost they are.

Whoever's running the show at Ford definitely needs their butt kicked.
icon13.png

borison

Adventurer
I was thinking they should use one of their 3rd world designed ranger platforms and build a pickup and retro styled bronco for the domestic market with a diesel for each to help distribute costs. Does that sound plausible?

4x4junkie

Explorer
I was thinking they should use one of their 3rd world designed ranger platforms and build a pickup and retro styled bronco for the domestic market with a diesel for each to help distribute costs. Does that sound plausible?

Unfortunately that would mean it'll be saddled with IFS. I don't see much dent in JK sales happening with that.
The only way it'll sell well in this market is if it has solid axles (such as the D44 & 8.8").

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Meh, it just looks like a newer body style 2d Explorer, and God knows we don't need more Explorers. I don't understand why they don't do with the Bronco what they did with the Mustang and just make a modern version of the 66-77? THAT would be amazing and sell very well as long as the price wasn't like the TJs.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I'm normally Ford biased, but they missed the barn with this one.
Not practical for daily use, and little use as a 4x4.
I have to wonder what they were thinking? What their target market is? They already have the Raptor, which is way more vehicle than this thing.
If they were thinking "Bronco", then to come out with a solid roof and lack of articulation concept vehicle, is criminal neglect.
Shame on them.
If they were thinking restyled Explorer, then OK. I'm not interested in it, but nice styling update.

4x4junkie

Explorer
Once upon a time before Ford ruined it about 17 years ago, the Explorer was actually a great 4x4 truck mechanically, though it did lack the removable top and was beyond woefully bland in the styling dept lol. But yeah, something in the same vein as the '66-'77 Bronc is exactly what we're asking for here. It would likely need to come in 2-door and 4-door versions to sell well in todays market, though that's not something that should stop them from building it...

Unfortunately that would mean it'll be saddled with IFS. I don't see much dent in JK sales happening with that.
The only way it'll sell well in this market is if it has solid axles (such as the D44 & 8.8").

Couldn't be more wrong.

IFS equiped 4runner/FJ/Tacoma/100series LC/GX470 sell just as well and as long as you are not rock crawling, they are just as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles