Help determining Montero Purchase!!!

nikosan

I owned a 99 Landcruiser 100 series w/ lockers since it was new then sold it in 2003. Since I wanted to go offroading again and with a limited budget, I bought a 99 Montero gen 2.5 Winter package. I was getting 12.5 mpg combined on my L/C 15 all highway, 14.5 mpg combined on the Monty 17.5 all highway. The Landcruiser had more power since it had a V8 engine, for me it handled better on and off road, it was more comfortable and an extensive aftermarket support BUT I did not have the money to pay for what the 100 series demands in the market especially with the lockers. So since you are in a budget, the Montero is a very capable off road vehicle plus it is unique and looks super cool dressed up. Yesterday I saw a silver Montero drove by in my neighborhood and briefly thought it was Offroader's because it was lifted, big tires w/ aftermarket wheels, lights and roof rack and my whole family looked back and said it was pure eye candy.

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Yesterday I saw a silver Montero drove by in my neighborhood and briefly thought it was Offroader's because it was lifted, big tires w/ aftermarket wheels, lights and roof rack and my whole family looked back and said it was pure eye candy.

Where was that? I was driving around yesterday. Took BART to SF to get my passport and then to Modesto to the mall there.

nikosan

I live in Burlingame and saw the truck coming from the 101 overpass to Broadway Ave past 7pm. It must be you then because the truck was definitely hot.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
No that couldn't have been me. I took BART into the city from the Dublin/Pleasanton. By 7:00 pm I was in the central valley picking up a new suit in Modesto for a business trip coming up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94