New Adventurer

dsy

Adventurer
Time to get into some two wheel exploring. Started riding 42 years ago off and on road, but have been bike-less for the last 17 of those years. For the last few years I have been lusting after the big BMW adventure bikes. I've always loved riding so the sky high gas prices have given me a good excuse to get back on two wheels. I love the exploring / camping with my Jeep and trailer where we can take about anything we want with us, but time to shift gears now and get into some ultra light backpacking style exploring. I sure am liking the fuel mileage to grin factor on the bike. Saturday we packed up some snacks, filled up the big BMW tank and headed off to Southern Ohio via back roads. Had a great tour, and 8 hrs and 425 miles later on the same tank of gas pulled back in the driveway with the bike's computer claiming I still had a range of 30 miles :Wow1: Still trying to break in the cheeks so for now I think we pushed the limits of range. We have a couple long cross country trips planned for this summer so we will have to get in the saddle as much as possible before then.
Picked the bike up March 3rd and have racked up 1500 miles on it so far, and the Jeep has only been out of the garage once since then.

No off-road shots yet, just the plain old driveway pose.

Doug

sideip.jpg

toymaster

Explorer
SWEET!!! I'm jealous. Nice panniers. The BMW 1200GSA is on my want list and getting closer to the top. Enjoy.

dsy

Adventurer
SWEET!!! I'm jealous. Nice panniers. The BMW 1200GSA is on my want list and getting closer to the top. Enjoy.

Yea it was torture waiting for the right time for the new toy. All I can say is its an awesome bike :roost:

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles