Long Shot: Grote Military 24 LED Volt 5 wire trailer light wiring help (p/n 82212)

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Hello All,
Long shot here, but my internet search has resulted in no decent information to this point. I purchased a set (pair) of Grote 82172 LED tail lamps for my M101 CDN2 trailer to replace the stock lights. The PO to the PO converted the trailer from the 7 pin 24 volt harness to a standard 4 pin trailer setup. I would like to know how to wire up the 5 wire lamps to the 4 wire (2 a side) harness? I cannot find a wiring diagram for the Grote lights, not even on their site?

82212.jpg

http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=82212

If anyone knows the wiring sequence for these, has done this conversion etc please let me know. The wires are color coded, just not sure what the code means?
Thanks!
Greg

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Well, it's easy enough to find the ground (wire with ring terminal)

Using a battery or power source, ground that, and put 12V to each of the other wires, one at a time, and see what lights up. (brake, tail, etc.)

If it's a Military light, it may have black out lights on it.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Being a Military light, it required the 7 pin harness.

1: Ground

2: Tail (went to both lights)

3: Brake (both)

4: Turn- Left

5: Turn- Right

6: Black out drive-Marker

7: Black out drive-Brake

To use it on a 'civilian' rig, you'll only need the Ground, Tail, and Brake wires from each lamp.

The Brake and Turn will utilize the same wire.

corprin

Adventurer
I just installed as set of these on my T-73.

You will find numbers printed on each wire. If you don't have numbers (which if they are NATO spec, you should) let me know, and I will go open my housings and get the colors for you)

21- marker lamp
22- (460/461)- Stop Lamp (right/left signal lamp)
GND- (white tag) ground
23- Blackout Marker (not used)
24- Blackout Stop (not used)

Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I just installed as set of these on my T-73.

You will find numbers printed on each wire. If you don't have numbers (which if they are NATO spec, you should) let me know, and I will go open my housings and get the colors for you)

21- marker lamp
22- (460/461)- Stop Lamp (right/left signal lamp)
GND- (white tag) ground
23- Blackout Marker (not used)
24- Blackout Stop (not used)

Thanks all... this ^^ helps a lot. Going to wire these up this weekend!
Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles