new from Austria: ActionCamper for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Today we opened the production mold to inspect the first prototype. The exterior surface was like a production unit, just the interior surface was not as good as I want it and a few kilos to heavy. To use it for prototype work it's more than good enough. On Friday we have all other parts to fit together and build the rear half doors. On Sunday we'll mount the first production body.
See the photos >>
v004.jpg

Last edited:

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Very soon we will be finished ... first production parts
v002.jpg

If we get ready to load the ActionCamper until the 21st September in the container, it will be in Long Beach on time to see SEMA in Las Vegas.
If this will take place the ActionCamper will be on a white Unlimited. Will do some bigger white graphics for the sides until then. High hope - hi hope...

Last edited:

Jorsn

Adventurer
Dang, You guys are moving pretty fast!

Are you going to offer a side awning?

It looks like the spare is mounted inside. It would be nice if you guys could figure out a way to mount it in the back.

You might want to relocate the mirrors with something like this http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm It's going to be hard to see with the mirrors in their stock location.

Also one more thing... Make sure you offer some blinds because there is nothing worse than being woke up at 530 in the morning by the sun rise.

jrueppel

Adventurer
Nice progress to be sure! I'm really liking the modified steel door with the storage port in it. Something I've always liked about the Defenders. Nice to see a version of it showing up on the Jeep.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Dang, You guys are moving pretty fast!

Are you going to offer a side awning?

It looks like the spare is mounted inside. It would be nice if you guys could figure out a way to mount it in the back.

You might want to relocate the mirrors with something like this http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm It's going to be hard to see with the mirrors in their stock location.

Also one more thing... Make sure you offer some blinds because there is nothing worse than being woke up at 530 in the morning by the sun rise.

1. I'm sure my partner for the U.S. will over every option you can think of.
2. Thanks for the link, of course we'll offer a mirror relocator.
3. Here a link to the windows ( right / left / rear ) WAECO Seitz S4 Windows they have:
■Convenient one-hand operation: fly screen and blackout roller blinds can be clipped together and adjusted with one hand at the same time.
■Easy handling in different positions
■High degree of insulation:
blackout roller blinds with aluminium coating
■Quick and easy installation
■Robust quality with double acrylic glazing

Thanks for your positive comments!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Looking great! I am very impressed.

I may have missed it, what will the finished weight be?

The weight without wall carpet, matress and seat upholstery, cables and tubes, but with all other parts is 320 kilos. On the Unlimited we take off parts with a weight of ~ 200 kilos. For now we are 120 kilos above the stock Unlimited. I guess we'll end up with 150 kilos, which is fine for me. I was a pain in the *** for all contractors, but it seems to pay off.
The aerodynamics are fairly good. The top speed dropped by 10 kilomters only, while the milage with the emty body dropped by 0.9 %.
Thanks for your positive comments!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Nice progress to be sure! I'm really liking the modified steel door with the storage port in it. Something I've always liked about the Defenders. Nice to see a version of it showing up on the Jeep.

The doors are very lightweigt glassfiber sealed, bolt-in parts. Due to the fact that the Unlimited doesn't offer the passenger entry slide / fold seat function, we had to build-in these ports. I costs more but is the best way to use the room. When we order the two door ports and the two cabinet ports together, we get one key for all ports, but two units for each port. One to use and seven keys to loose. Just kidding!
Thanks you too for your positive comments!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Are you able to recline the seats at all?

In full rear position you can recline to a comfortable angle where I couln't reach the steering. Just right for a 6'5" person. When I find time I'll make a photo with my 6'5" friend.
Just uploaded the newest photos showing the almost finished furniture. At the moment all walls get covered with padded insulaton carpet and the upholstery is done....
See the photos >>
v011.jpg

RVR2RSQ

Observer
Beautiful

I really like this design very efficient use of space.

I noticed though that it does not seem to be designed for 4 seasons. Any plans or designs in the works to remedy that?

Thanks
Brian

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
I really like this design very efficient use of space.

I noticed though that it does not seem to be designed for 4 seasons. Any plans or designs in the works to remedy that?

Thanks
Brian

We'll offer all the outlanders wish!
The first ActionCamper is ready and on the way to the SEMA show in Las Vegas from 1. to 4. Nov.. Hopefully the container will arrive in Long Beach on the 17th of October, to get prepared for the show on time.
I just uploaded 72 photos. I'm sorry that the quality and background etc. is not perfect,
but there was no time for nice arrangements and so on.
>> see photos
v013.jpg

Jorsn

Adventurer
I want to congratulate you on your masterpiece! This Jeep is absolutely amazing!

Not only that but I can't believe how fast you were able to complete this! Looks great guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles