Where are you now? OFFICIAL MAYA RALLY In Progress thread!

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Looks like y'all had a great time. I hoped to run into you guys but ended up in Puebla, Guanajuato and Queretaro about a week after y'all. We drove back from Queretaro to Georgia on the 22nd and 23rd (no expedition vehicle, just a regular Nissan Maxima); no problems at the border in Laredo as most of the traffic was headed South.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I also really want to congratulate everyone who has participated - whether or not they made it to the end. I will post more news later on the other teams.

A HUGE thanks to the volunteers too - Wes at Central Overland, Ponce, William Beers, Niall, Luis, Matt - and anyone else I may forget right now.

Last edited:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
My thanks to and admiration of all the teams that participated, and special gratitude for providing the photos and narratives so we unworthy stay-at-homers so we could feel part of the event. Much appreciated.

marrygkarven

oh amazing.. When the rally is going to begun. I was waiting for this only. I missed it last time. But this year i would like to join.

snowbear

Observer
We were wondering what happened to Andy. Glad to see is ok.

We are near La Empacadora slowing working our way home.

aka rover

Adventurer
We are in saylito a sleepy little town north of PV off the beaten path. We are slowly working our way to Baja!!
The rally was great and we have extended our vacation from 30 days to 90 days . We are really enjoying all Mexico has to offer. It was nice to meet all involved with this event. I have hopes there's another one next year.

ROVER-1

Observer
We are in saylito a sleepy little town north of PV off the beaten path. We are slowly working our way to Baja!!
The rally was great and we have extended our vacation from 30 days to 90 days . We are really enjoying all Mexico has to offer. It was nice to meet all involved with this event. I have hopes there's another one next year.

Wow--- you must be having a real good time!! Enjoy yourself--you're not missing anything up here. Bring the warmth back with you!!!!!!!!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
thanks guys for keeping this thread alive! It's really nice to see the new friendships that have developed in this Rally.

As for us...well, we are now enjoying the Florida sunshine. I had to hop back from Cancun to Tampa for a business meeting this week. It looks like we have found someone to bring the 4Runner back, which we badly need in Tahoe. The Benz is however still in Cancun and we have already started making plan for when we'll come back and keep driving it South.

BeachFlorida.jpg

bignapper.jpg

ChrickFishing.jpg

M+C.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles