Conqueror conquest ** SOLD **

8knots

I keep looking at your trailer. I am looking at getting my first off road trailer to use in Baja and West Coast USA. I am not handy as many of you all are and want to get something that is ready to roll without needed modifications, upgrades, repairs (water tank and charging system). I know I want solar due to being offroad Baja so that is additional expense as well. With all this in mind does it make sense for me to go for this trailer vs. a new (and more expensive) Horizon? The biggest advantage with Horizon is I can get it my way and fully ready to go with all options. However, if this trailer is same level of quality and has other advantages I am not aware of I would welcome all input. Thanks much.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
the tent runs the length of the trailer which is 83 inches figure about 1.5 inches on each side for the mechanism so the sleeping width is about 80 inches and about 80 inches long
officially they call it a 2.1m x 2.1m bed :)

this gives you a idea I am just shy of 6 foot and about 230lbs here in this pic
1.jpg

the pic below:
gives you a idea the size of the annex of course larger when staked out :)
also it gives you a idea how the bed folds out into the annex area
the width of the trailer is 54 inches on the top edge
the hinge part of the bed is about half the bed width so it does not come out into the annex

also you can see in the below pic the side door of the trailer folded down the silver door you can see between my girl and the elephant on the back is a small door to another storage area both can be accessed from inside the annex and not get in the way of the ladder
this is the side with 4 wolf packs we used them for our clothes and found it handy when getting ready in the morning having a table and area to do so from inside the tent ;)
2.jpg

Is your little one a carrot-top...ya gotta love the reds..keep that gene going...LOL..my lil red just turned 11 yesterday...GLWS..
rover-meet-018-L.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah when you see it its very red
those shots dont do much for the color ;)

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
Kinda hoping others might respond like Jeff

As of course some might see me as biased :)

But Jeff made solid points the charging is not a big deal I just a second charger that is a very high end one so not a issue IMHO the stock ones were ok but not as good as some others like the one I bought which was about a $350 charger
The water tank ? Not sure whats up seam maybe ?
But two 70 liter tanks and also why some of the South Africa guys swear on twin tanks just for a reason
2 70 liter tanks is a lot of water :)

Solar is not a biggy as that is always a add on type setup designed based ones needs

I bought the trailer understanding no trailer is setup for anyone with out customizing :) every trailer build you see people do little mods to make it their own so like Jeff said what are your needs ?

The things that sold me on the conqueror was a great ground room off the tent
Access to all sides of the trailer when the tent is deployed which is really nice to have IMHO

Being able to drop a side door and have the kitchen their is nice or drop the other side access to your clothes etc... The back to the fridge etc...

Of course I am going to say buy mine sqve a few bucks and tweak it how you like :)

Conqueror has a good track record in South Africa and is one of the more popular trailers down their where trailers seem to be more common place

Hope my views help a bit and feel free pm me and can chat and I am hoping this week to get some good detail shots as it is in great shape :)
I also am a straight shooter and disclose the problems I know need attention as I would hate to read a add then have someone say oh and by the way :)

I keep looking at your trailer. I am looking at getting my first off road trailer to use in Baja and West Coast USA. I am not handy as many of you all are and want to get something that is ready to roll without needed modifications, upgrades, repairs (water tank and charging system). I know I want solar due to being offroad Baja so that is additional expense as well. With all this in mind does it make sense for me to go for this trailer vs. a new (and more expensive) Horizon? The biggest advantage with Horizon is I can get it my way and fully ready to go with all options. However, if this trailer is same level of quality and has other advantages I am not aware of I would welcome all input. Thanks much.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The Conquest is a unique trailer- Not as lightweight as the Compact, but much roomier inside and with storage than the Compact.
The room below is LARGE! When we camped, we left the door inside the room with access to the clothes bins open (as it is behind the ladder to get up to the upper "loft bed") My son slept on an Oz Cot under that drop side door and it fit perfectly there and still allowed access to the forward door storage area.
The amount of storage inside is HUGE. And allows for an Engel Combi 60 (fridge and freezer - both) in the rear with no problems. Be careful the lift struts as they are quite stout!

The Conquest is one of 5 in the States. 4 that came from Jurassic Trailers in Atlanta before they folded, and on owned by Wmac in Washington State that he got from Canada.

The thing that is great about the Conquerors is they are perfectly balanced. It was always easy to move this thing around by hand on level ground.

It has surge brakes, so there is really no need to electric brakes or the like. They are well made and top drawer trailers. I would advise, however to keep them garaged, or covered when not in use, as the tent protective covers will age without protection from the environment when stored.

Hope that helps answer some of the questions. Chad, have you been under the trailer to determine if the water tank has a crack in it, or if perhaps a line has just come loose?

Thanks
D

8knots

I really appreciate the input and comments as I am looking to buy when I see the right deal for the right trailer. Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is very helpful.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I did when I first noticed the drips ? my thoughts why the seam seem to be where it gets wet from but I have to get a better look

its not from the back faucet area but from what I think its just back under the rear of the trailer about a foot or so in ? and seems to stop and not drip any more but still have quite a bit of water why I guessed half way and might be the seam area ?

Honu

lost on the mainland
conqueror_fs-01.jpg

Showing the large canopy up with lots of nice shade ! also keeps the main tent even cooler in hot weather
conqueror_fs-02.jpg

conqueror_fs-07.jpg

conqueror_fs-08.jpg

the annex is nice and large and fully tubbed so plenty of getting dressed or extra sleeping room
conqueror_fs-03.jpg

conqueror_fs-04.jpg

nice large comfortable 2.1 meter sleeping area
conqueror_fs-05.jpg

conqueror_fs-10.jpg

conqueror_fs-06.jpg

side down on the kitchen side
conqueror_fs-11.jpg

tent side wolf packs
conqueror_fs-12.jpg

conqueror_fs-13.jpg

tools up front as you can see like new never used the shovel etc..
conqueror_fs-14.jpg

latches again shows just how clean this conqueror is :)
conqueror_fs-15.jpg

nose cone and xantrex charger I am including
conqueror_fs-16.jpg

conqueror_fs-17.jpg

conqueror_fs-18.jpg

kitchen side open with cutlery holder I took out the foam put in some quick shelves ! I might rebuild the shelves but they are much more space friendly than the foam IMHO
conqueror_fs-19.jpg

Fridge slide also showing the fridge is like new !!!! barely used
conqueror_fs-20.jpg

conqueror_fs-21.jpg

conqueror_fs-22.jpg

conqueror_fs-23.jpg

handles and wire for fridge
conqueror_fs-24.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
hitch assembly showing the surge brake system

conqueror_fs-25.jpg

some underside shots showing again how nice and clean this trailer is

conqueror_fs-26.jpg

tent pole storage behind the lic plate ! great idea
conqueror_fs-27.jpg

conqueror_fs-28.jpg

conqueror_fs-29.jpg

conqueror_fs-30.jpg

just some nice overall pics of this great trailer :)

conqueror_fs-31.jpg

conqueror_fs-32.jpg

conqueror_fs-33.jpg

conqueror_fs-34.jpg

conqueror_fs-35.jpg

conqueror_fs-36.jpg

conqueror_fs-37.jpg

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
Wow...can't believe this is not gone yet. If I had the cash I'd be all over it! GLWS

hoping it gets back out camping soon making people happy like we have had with it

Last edited:

The Rover Shop

Explorer
yeah when you see it its very red
those shots dont do much for the color ;)

here is one that does

hair.jpg

She's gorgeous..there's gonna be a lot of men in 15 years who will succumb to the beauties of a redhead with that little one...we're gonna have our hands full and keep the shotguns loaded..LOL

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah we will be in trouble later on :) hahahaha

I will have a shovel and a blue tarp and point and say dont make me use those :) hahahah

kidding of course ;)

but would be fun OK KID you are dating my daughter lets go have that talk ! ya want to go shooting while loading the guns point to the shovel and tarp and then say OK dont make me use those ;) thats even more scary :) hahahaha then mumble the last guy ... never mind ....

make sure some dirt on the shovel the tarp is a two pack and one is missing ;)
again kidding :)

was chatting with one of my buddies about this in a honest way and we were both saying lets hope we make our kids grow up in such a good way they have a great head on their shoulder so we never need to step in ;) thats the ultimate goal ;) but WOW she is turning 8 !!!! half way to 16 :( where does the time go !!!!
best thing I was told when young was always look at the parents when dating cause that will be a good clue to things !!!!

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I have a friend with 7 daughters. He sits down with their first dates at the kitchen table, and goes through all his rules and expectations. When done, he slides a large envelope across the table with a pen and asks them to put their address on the envelope. When they ask what it is for after passing it back to him, he calmly says: "that is what I will mail you back to your parents in, ... if you violate any of the rules and expectations I just outlined for you!" Has never had a problem with his girls dating!
I love that story!
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier