What camera do you carry on the trails?

ywen

Explorer
Olympus EPL1 + couple of lenses
Android smart phone (awesome for pictures)

AT06Z.jpg

ktArI.jpg

jy5q0.jpg

DrSaabaru

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
Rolleicord V loaded with Ektar 100
iPhone 4s (but I hardly ever use it (as a camera))

My big toy purchase for the year was a lift kit for the Jeep, but next time I splurge it will be on a mirrorless camera. I really like what I've heard about the Olympus OM-D E-M5, but by the time I get around to buying one I'm sure something better will have come out. I just don't see myself using an DSLR on the trail, though. Too big, too expensive.

Frank

Explorer
On my bike, my phone has been great. I had the Galaxy S2 which had a great camera and now I have an iPhone5 which has a really nice camera.

In a vehicle, I have a Nikon D90 with several different lenses.

BretEdge

Adventurer
Canon 5D MKII, 15mm fisheye, 16-35mm, 24-105mm and 70-200mm lenses, a few filters and a 550EX flash. Always have my trusty Gitzo tripod along for the ride, too. Usually carry my Canon S95 for grab shots.

gm13

Adventurer
What's always in the dash-Olympus XA w/ Tri-X. Often on the seat-1D Mk3, 17-40 usually mounted, Nikonos V when it's raining. Canon F1N w/ Ektar or Tri-X because it's such an awesome tank, love to shoot w/ it. It's also a properly matched vintage for the 110:)

Beamer pilot

Explorer
On the bike CANON Power Shot SD 780 IS mounted on cross bar behind windscreen.
In the truck above + CANON Rebel T2 550 tripod and clamp mount.

Next purchase GoPro Hero and CANON S100.

Skill of operator: minimal...

MossLager

2 GoPro Heros, Canon 30D with 50mm f/1.8 (nifty fifty) 85mm f/1.8 24mm f/2.8 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, Canon SD960 P&S

chadlanc

Adventurer
just finishing the new website for the film, should be up in a couple days. I'm going to post a new thread in "In Progress Adventures" about the film along with behind the scenes and such on our travels around the southwest in the unimog

Nice!

Do you have a public website? The one in your link is for customers only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles