Joy Factory Ipad Mount

Triumphdog

Adventurer
I just recieved my Ipad mount in the mail today. This thing is freakin AWESOME!! It mounts to the passangers seat rail. The shafts are carbon fiber. I can't wait to get it mounted.
A buddy of mine recommended it. He loves his, and has never had a failer on or off road.
It looks just like this one
img_car_seat_ipad_mount.jpg

RobRed

Explorer
I just recieved my Ipad mount in the mail today. This thing is freakin AWESOME!! It mounts to the passangers seat rail. The shafts are carbon fiber. I can't wait to get it mounted.
A buddy of mine recommended it. He loves his, and has never had a failer on or off road.
It looks just like this one
View attachment 92331

The build quality looks awesome - it's a looker. Prepare for vibration and movement of the iPad while under way.

CCFD170

Adventurer
Any new updates on your mount? I am looking for the mount I want to use. My biggest fear is the iPad shaking a lot while off road, it would drive me crazy.

A

agavelvr

I had one of these for a week. While it was cool looking and seemed well made, it failed to keep the ipad in position for me while using on road, and was especially bad on trail. Additionally, the glue used to connect the carbon fiber leg to one of the joints failed during my short dirt road drive. Joy Factory was willing to send me a new one, but I returned it after a friend telling me his failed in the same way. I hope it works better for you than it did me.

CCFD170

Adventurer
Thanks for the quick reply agave. I think I'll pass on the joy mount then. It does look really nice but also looks like it would move quite a bit off road. I found another company that makes a dash mount. I'll find it again and post a link.

A

agavelvr

Thanks for the quick reply agave. I think I'll pass on the joy mount then. It does look really nice but also looks like it would move quite a bit off road. I found another company that makes a dash mount. I'll find it again and post a link.

No problemo. It might be a great mount for some folks...perhaps my tacoma is a little rough for it. The other minor issue I found was the way the ipad dock engaged with the support arm. The top of the support arm has a plastic fixture that the tray attaches to, not very tough plastic at that. Over time, I would think that this will wear and introduce slop into the system or break the locking mechanism. I'm going to copy another member's RAM mount here and bolt it to the floor. The only vibration then will be due to the vehicle instead of vehicle + fixture movement. Ashame, because the joy factory mount is much nicer looking.

RobRed

Explorer
Anytime you are using an arm you will get vibration/movement. It's a lever and and small inputs are amplified. The longer the arm the worse it is. I suppose depending on your esthetics and needs, compromise is bound to creep in. Bottom line keep the bracket to vehicle mount as short as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles