The Inca Rally!!!

notglty

Hi Christian,
Thanks for highlighting this. Yes, it does look very similar to another rally doesn't it? It's our first year running the Inca Rally, and we are working out all the logistics and fundraising at the moment. We welcome any tips from seasoned overlanders... especially to do with media, sponsorship, fundraising, logistics. We look forward to getting it up and going..

* I'm not the organiser, but I volunteer my time to help get it off the ground (I'll be participating in the 2012 race).

facebook | twitter | official site | sponsor us

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Hi Christian,
Thanks for highlighting this. Yes, it does look very similar to another rally doesn't it? It's our first year running the Inca Rally, and we are working out all the logistics and fundraising at the moment. We welcome any tips from seasoned overlanders... especially to do with media, sponsorship, fundraising, logistics. We look forward to getting it up and going..

* I'm not the organiser, but I volunteer my time to help get it off the ground (I'll be participating in the 2012 race).

notglty,

facebook | twitter | official site | sponsor us

thanks for your posting! it's also the first time we are running the Maya Rally. It looks like both Rally are going to be a fun adventure!
Ours seems to be a shorter but will be packed with activities every day.

I think one key element to the success of the event is to find the right local connections. I have been fortunate to meet up with great people at each end of the Rally and they are helping out to put in place the best setup possible.

Maybe in the future we should look into connecting both and have a Rally all the way through Central America...

:)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
In case anyone is interested - I had a long conversation with Juan last week, the organizer of this rally.

Like the Maya Rally, this is his first time running the event. Because of the logistical related to crossing 4 countries, buying a car in Peru and donating it, finding a good route, etc - he considers this first year as a bit of a test run. So he limited the number of vehicles to 10, and they will most likely do it in a convoy.

It seems like he is putting a lot of effort to make sure it will be a great adventure for everyone involved. We plan on catching up again in September so I can get some feedback on what has worked well (and what doesn't) so we can benefit from that on the Maya Rally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior