Vandetta

r_w

Adventurer
Rock lights on the keyless is a GREAT idea. You can see what is under/around the van but not wreck your night vision.

Toolman

Explorer
Went out to The King of Hammers for some inspiration, had to take the van into the hills.

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

I am seriously amazed with how it handles in the sand washes, I didn't notice the wash board roads, it felt great going over the woop-dee-doo's, and I felt very stable on the side hills.
I need to finish up a couple of mods on the jeep and I'll be back at the van.

Picked up another project
2011-11-13_12-00-21_188.jpg

2011-11-13_11-16-08_528.jpg

Toolman

Explorer
Yes. and Yes. I flat tow my Jeep and it does fine. It handled the wind coming home from the hammers really good, like it was on tracks.

Toolman

Explorer
MOJAVE ROAD 4/13-15/2012

IMG_0952.jpg

Over the weekend, Lisa and I finally made the long awaited Mojave Road Journey. We left Thursday night on schedule at 8PM. I punched in the waypoints that were sent to me by Roni and off we went to find them at camp site somewhere near the Avi.
We woke early Friday morning stopped to top off the fuel tank and we hit the trail.

We camped in Caruther's Canyon Friday night.

When we got there to set up camp.
IMG_0980.jpg

5 minutes after I got the van level it started..... a very light mist, then a few flakes and then.
IMG_0987.jpg

No problem we were very comfortable. I barbecued in my make shift vestibule, went to the camp fire for a bit with the umbrella's and then we all turned in early.
IMG_0984.jpg

more to come

Toolman

Explorer
Cross over steering

The Mojave Road rejuvenated my love for the van. After the trip the van was pulling to the right when I hit the brakes which lead me to believe I had a problem with the drivers side caliper. I pulled it apart and I found that a rock had a party with the piston and destroyed the caliper. I changed it out and everything is back to normal, for about a day.

I ordered the cross over steering kit from UJOR, installed it this past Saturday. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST UPGRADE I HAVE MADE TO VANDETTA YET. I can't believe what a simple geometry change in the steering can do for the overall ride of the van. I got it aligned yesterday and found myself just driving around looking for the worst streets to test it out on. I can't wait to get this back in the dirt. If you have a UJOR kit on your van I highly recommend the cross over steering kit. I can't find the words to articulate how much better it drives and rides. I took some pictures of the knuckle replacement but they didn't come out right, there was a lot of glare for some reason. I will snap some more pics and upload later on. Here are a couple that kinda came out.

Before
2012-05-12085541.jpg

During
2012-05-12130025.jpg

After
2012-05-12152907.jpg

2012-05-12130036.jpg

SoCalChaos

Observer
Nice! Chris recommended I add those to my kit as well. I've got nearly all the parts ready for my build [initial lift] just waiting on rear gearing to complete the rear axle refurb then it's build time. Hoping by this weekend it'll be up and running.... it's been one long month waiting to get this first part done.

Toolman

Explorer
It's very nice. Take your time, enjoy the transformation and say good by to living the life of obscurity. The minute you raise that monster people will notice you EVERY WHERE YOU GO !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles