What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

pods8

Explorer
Okay, as usual, long answer to a simple question, sorry. Hope someone out there finds it interesting.

It was all interesting stuff. I was just trying to get a feel for the overhang trade off as I'm sketching a design right now and pondering the aerodynamic trade off verse bed width. My ideal goal was for a queen width at 60" but to avoid crossing the continued plane of the windshield something ~54" is probably all that will fit. That's still a decent width bed for comfort, just not extra roomy, and thus the debate rages on in my head. :coffeedrink:

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Yes, we do offer the side intrance zip "door" into the soft upper portion of the liner, with a ladder to get up.

Also, so that the folded out queen size sleeper is a full 6' on our LJ PULSE model, the cab over section does extend over the windshield. But it is fully sealed to the windshield with NO AIR DAM GAP.

Rob - do you have any pictures of your LJ Pulse model? I perused the website but did not find any. I have an '05 LJ Rubicon. These are beyond our budget right now, but I am curious as to how one would look on the LJ.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
closest to LJ photos

Rob - do you have any pictures of your LJ Pulse model? I perused the website but did not find any. I have an '05 LJ Rubicon. These are beyond our budget right now, but I am curious as to how one would look on the LJ.

Hi Jim,

I have not kept any photos of the LJ PULSE units. Other than being a little shorter, it looks and works just about exactly the same as the JK size though, the walk through is the same, the shape is the same, the equipment is even the same. I did not used to be very good at snapping shots of every custom project. I can tell you that the first one we built this size was made for a CJ5, then we moved on to the rest of the jeep models. I did find a photo of this little guy though....

rig6-3.jpg

Stinger202

I've really enjoyed this thread and all the discussion about the smaller 4x4s and Rob"s great PULSE idea. For those of you with larger 4x4s I've attached some pics of my Ford Raptor with one of the Phoenix Coyote campers on it. Custom designed and custom built it satifies my need for the light off roading that I do and weighs only 1120 pounds. Stinger 202

Attachments

• COYRAPTOR EMAIL 1.jpg
    COYRAPTOR EMAIL 1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 455
  • COYRAPTOR EMAIL 2.jpg
    COYRAPTOR EMAIL 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 328
  • COYraptor EMAIL 3.jpg
    COYraptor EMAIL 3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 388

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Action!

Thank you for posting these great photos Stinger....

I've been looking forward to seeing some ACTION shots of our campers!

Last year we had a calendar photo contest, and it was wonderful to see all of you out there having fun with your custom Phoenix's. Here are the winners that landed in the 2011 Phoenix Pop Up Calendar...

oldstyletundralongbed.jpg

snowmobiling.jpg

Volgel1.jpg

raptoratrockymountainpark.jpg

Robinson1.jpg

redwoodforest.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Montericco_003.jpg

oldphoenix.jpg

Huffman2.jpg

ferryride.jpg

Dembecki.jpg

DanielsHouse.jpg

The Calendar turned out beautiful, thanks to all of these GREAT photos, supplied by our awesome camper owners.... Everyone, be sending in your best ACTION shots, so you can be featured in the 2012 calendar!!

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
February... big month!

February is REALLY shaping up!

First, a week from Monday we'll install a nice simple, light weight shell model on a Tacoma (Dinette, bed, and countertop only). Should come out about 500 lbs or so..

Next, a ten foot unit for an F350 long bed crew cab. Hot water, shower, cassette toilet, drop screen DVD player, extra low profile PULSE.

Then, some time this month we should be installing a unit we finished a while back and are storing for an Arizina customer (he's waiting for the snow to stop falling, we'll see about that). This unit is custom made for his Chevy 2500 long bed UTILITY BODY. It's going to be really cool.

Also, we are designing a very specail unit for a gentleman's Ford SprotTrac. he's making a final decission for whether he wants to keep a cab over, or go with our ultra ultra light and no wind resistance non-cab over design. There's benefits to both, so we'll see what he comes up with.

Finally, by the end of the month we will install a custom painted extra low profile PULSE on a brand new SVT Raptor Crew Cab. The customer ordered his truck and camper together, through his Ford Dealership, so it will be installed by us, then delivered to the customer as a complete package!

Our drop screen DVD player:
40235_399417832536_587862536_3797922_275141_n.jpg

Can you guess the movie?

Watch for more photos, they're comming!

Last edited:

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Tacoma Shell

This morning we installed a nice little custom Tacoma Shell Model.

This gentleman from Montana needed some special features

1. To be able to fit his camper in his low garage

2. Keep his tailgate back up camera

3. No frig furnace stove etc..

4. Plus he wanted to keep as much upen space, counterspace, and storage as possible.

I was just so glad to see that his Tacoma was not another silver colored one! We have done so many silvers in a row.... Oh, if you have a silver Tacoma, no problem, happy to fit a nice camper for you!

Here's the special fold down shelf up:
hart002.jpg

Down:
hart001.jpg

View fromt the back with tailgate closed:
hart003.jpg

Side view, heading for the highway!
hart004.jpg

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
pictures needed

hey, does anyone out there have some good pictures of phoenix pop ups in "action?" Like skiing or muddin', or rock climbing, boating, fishing... anything??? Post em' up people!!

whybother

Rob & Cari-
Coincidentally I was thinking about calling you guys to inquire about a "shell" model phoenix camper. What would something like this weigh, and what is the cost breakdown. I have 2004 Tacoma (not silver!).

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Shell pop up models

Rob & Cari-
Coincidentally I was thinking about calling you guys to inquire about a "shell" model phoenix camper. What would something like this weigh, and what is the cost breakdown. I have 2004 Tacoma (not silver!).

Hi whybother,

We build a LOT of shells (for every size and brand truck). They start at about 500 lbs and a really really basic shell can cost as little as $6990. Personally, I would go for the upgraded PHOENIX shell, with a number of improvements, but it's all up to you! I would be happy to e-mail you a nice set of shell breakdown sheets, they show the basic basic, all the way up to our fully equipped P.U.L.S.E. units, and everything in-between. Just give me a call or e-mail, so I can get your contact info, without throwing it out there to everyone here on the site and beyond.

My contact info is cari@coyoterv.biz or (303) 286-3921

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles