ECG for your palm or laptop

BriansFJ

Adventurer
Pretty cool!:drool: Although unfortunately, with the terrain my team covers our cardiac patients are always stable - by the time we can get to them, they're either surviving on their own or have already arrested. We had one die Saturday, after bystanders performed CPR for more than 30 minutes...:(

jh504

Explorer
Pretty cool!:drool: Although unfortunately, with the terrain my team covers our cardiac patients are always stable - by the time we can get to them, they're either surviving on their own or have already arrested. We had one die Saturday, after bystanders performed CPR for more than 30 minutes...:(

That is always sad, especially if they could have been saved in a regular setting. This ECG would be cool for someone who was operating in a small clinic or maybe a maritime medic or something. Somewhere that space and supplies are limited but you could still treat cardiac problems.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Its definately cool, Unfortunately I don't carry a lot of cardiac drugs with me on a rescue. Would be good in a clinic setting

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Its definately cool, Unfortunately I don't carry a lot of cardiac drugs with me on a rescue. Would be good in a clinic setting
Sure you do it's called a balled up fist... No pulse? thump away ;) and if they're appearing like they're arresting but the pulse feels thready and Tachy... THUMP AWAY (as in V-Tach or SVT). it's the worlds oldest defib...

That is a cool toy, but really if you have the kind of problem that requires you to have a stat 12-lead out in the bush you're already in trouble and if the pt. arrest's and can't get medi-vacced out, tough news is the pt. is probably going to die...

Cheers

Dave

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
Sure you do it's called a balled up fist... No pulse? thump away ;) and if they're appearing like they're arresting but the pulse feels thready and Tachy... THUMP AWAY (as in V-Tach or SVT). it's the worlds oldest defib...

That is a cool toy, but really if you have the kind of problem that requires you to have a stat 12-lead out in the bush you're already in trouble and if the pt. arrest's and can't get medi-vacced out, tough news is the pt. is probably going to die...

Cheers

Dave

Well, a precordial thump will probably convert them - to either NSR or asystole...which is why it's not taught in CPR classes any more. I suppose you could ask the patient before hand "you feeling lucky today?" :)

An EKG is nice to have IF you have the training to read it and the drugs to treat it. Without both of those, not so much.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I was taught the precardial thump in Medic school, Unfortunately its not in the acls protocols at this time. I'm sure they are getting ready to change cpr again anyways so they may add it back again. lol

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
I was taught the precardial thump in Medic school, Unfortunately its not in the acls protocols at this time. I'm sure they are getting ready to change cpr again anyways so they may add it back again. lol

LOL, you're right. Precordial, bicarb, bretylium!

Whats old becomes new again. Which means we really don't have much of a clue about what works.

Fish

Adventurer
LOL, you're right. Precordial, bicarb, bretylium!

Whats old becomes new again. Which means we really don't have much of a clue about what works.
Hence the phrase, "practicing medicine".
Shock, shock, shock, everybody shock, little shock, big shock

Remember that? Stacked shocks, epi, lidocaine, bretellyum

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Notice that airway isn't even important anymore. They want to circulate un oxygenated blood thru the bloodstream. practice, practice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles