Post Pic's of your Jeep

sandalscout

Adventurer
My 1988 XJ 4door

Here is my new to me 1988 4door.

2579043736_3499f5f51a_o_d.jpg

And here it is STUFFED into a hole that I severly miscalculated!

2578214777_2916ab7033_o_d.jpg

I bought this recently as a weekend run vehicle/camp car/having fun truck.... I took it trail running a few times with a friend (who bought a lifted 96 less than a week after I got mine) and learned quickly that trail running was fun, but "mudding" and crawling are not for me. Hoping to build this up into more of an expedition vehicle and make some trips out west in it.

Steve Curren

Explorer
I got a new 2 dr. Rubicon Saturday, it was a bit difficult to let go of my '05 LJ but I "needed" a new one. So far I have seen that the protection underneath is a bit lacking so I have ordered skids for the tranny / oil pan and the evap canister. I am keeping the stock tires until they fall off and then I will address a different size. I am thinking of a moderate lift and I have been told that a TeraFlex LA might be the ticket.. I seem to remember the last Jeep and how much was needed and I hope I can keep this within reason.
:jump:
Steve

SavageSunJeep

Adventurer
Steve Curren said:
I got a new 2 dr. Rubicon Saturday, it was a bit difficult to let go of my '05 LJ but I "needed" a new one. So far I have seen that the protection underneath is a bit lacking so I have ordered skids for the tranny / oil pan and the evap canister. I am keeping the stock tires until they fall off and then I will address a different size. I am thinking of a moderate lift and I have been told that a TeraFlex LA might be the ticket.. I seem to remember the last Jeep and how much was needed and I hope I can keep this within reason.
:jump:
Steve
Steve,
I would hesitate on a LA for the JK. The JK uses a LA to begin with. You have very little to gain unless you are a serious rock crawler. My recommendation is a 2 in budget boost, good tires such as the BFG KM2's, adjustable shocks (Rancho RS9000X) and some under armor and you are good to go.

Steve Curren

Explorer
Don,
Thanks for the info, I guess maybe a 2.5" Pro Comp with the MX-6 shocks. I do have a friend who can maybe get a deal on it, as for tires I am keeping the stock ones until they fall off. They are 255x75 17 BFG MTs, I had them on my last one and I was well into 45k miles and there was a lot more to go.
I have ordered protection, oil-trans skid and an gas evap skid. I was wondering if you know of a maker who has a relocation kit for the muffler?
Also I have both driveshafts for an '05 LJ which are rebuilt should you know anyone who might want them, I don't know a fair price.
Thanks again,
Steve

Until2004

Building slowly but surely

My 2007 JK Unlimited X. Didn't spend too much at the dealer, leaves me more to spend on aftermarket options (tires, wheels, air intake, front bumper, winch, CB). I am not nearly done, just waiting to have the money to spend on the next upgrade.

2584269723_96cbf8cc48.jpg

2584270419_706d3d72aa.jpg

2584269099_83fa831c16.jpg

It was one of the first 50 built with the factory half doors.

JPFreek1

Explorer
Okay, after almost two years on ExPo I'm finally getting around to posting a photo of my 2005 Rubi joined by my chocolate lab, Butch:

l_ab2449906345500bcc105fa83ac6bf38.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online