Graham Jackson's TDI 110 Defender

Scott Brady

Founder
Joel was kind enough to do a great article on Graham's incredible 110 TDI Expedition machine. A true gem!

Grahams TDI 110

MainPhoto.jpg

I had the incredible fortune of being able to drive Graham's 110 during my recent trip to Colorado, and it was one of the true highlights in over 15 years of OHV travel and racing. The TDI motor has great performance and Graham can squeeze nearly 30mpg out of it on the highway. The suspension is very compliant with excellent flex and sway control (no swaybars). Organization and functionality is top notch, as only someone who has spent 200 days traveling Africa can accomplish. Awesome truck owned by fantastic people :bowdown:

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Graham's Defender certainly is amazing. I loved learning more about this Land Rover and I have to admit that it stoked my admiration for these vehicles. There is just something captivating about a Land Rover...

gjackson

FRGS
Joel,

Thanks again for putting the article together! Hopefully one of these days we'll be able to get together and have a beer!!

cheers!

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Yep; there's no question what picture still springs to mind first for most of us when someone says "Expedition vehicle."

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
You know, I'd trade Jonathan's FJ40 for that 110 anyday!
;)
Anonymous...
:rolleyes:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I was studying online about the history of Land Rovers and the different models that came out through the years.........and came across this great Link.

Land Rover History.............

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
DaktariEd said:
You know, I'd trade Jonathan's FJ40 for that 110 anyday!
;)
Anonymous...
:rolleyes:

And I'd trade my siblings for it!:xxrotflma

Seriously, Graham - I've been watching your website with great anticipation for more great video and stories of your incredible journey. Thanks for sharing!

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Great article on an incredible vehicle. Hopefully Graham, our paths will cross and I'll get to see that in person some day.

paulj

Expedition Leader
If you are fascinated with Series Land Rovers, check out the Britcom 'Last of Summer Wine'. Wesley, who hides out in his workshed, drives a LR pickup. You can even get a Corgi toy version of it. Some PBS stations carry the series.

paulj

gjackson

FRGS
Seriously, Graham - I've been watching your website with great anticipation for more great video and stories of your incredible journey. Thanks for sharing!

Rats! I know it's been a while since I did any web updates! I swear they're coming. Just slower that I anticipated! :smilies27

Hopefully Graham, our paths will cross and I'll get to see that in person some day.

Absolutely! I'd love to see your cruiser too.

cheers

HongerVenture

Adventurer
paulj said:
...a LR pickup. You can even get a Corgi toy version of it.

Ah yes, Corgi toys... I wish I knew where all of mine went. I had a Rolls Royce, Citreon, LR pickup with wrecker hook, plain LR pickup... heck, even the old school Batmobile. They were actually toys my dad had collected before I was around... but I inherited them.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Joel, once again - a great article. :clapsmile

Graham, THANKS again for allowing me to have a very up-close and personal experience of your ************** 110 while I was in CO. I was very impressed. I knew I would be. I am looking forward to the next time.

...and please tell Connie thanks for feeding me at camp - she helped me get up that mountain the next day. :)

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
110's are what got me interested in expedition travel. In a nutshell, Graham's is my dream LR. :D

gjackson

FRGS
Graham, THANKS again for allowing me to have a very up-close and personal experience of your ************** 110 while I was in CO.

You are very welcome. It's been a good truck, and I enjoy it. Kinda surprised more people don't have them. (Not really! :D ) Your Tacoma is pretty sweet though. If it were only diesel, it would be so awesome!!!!

In a nutshell, Graham's is my dream LR

Thanks Chuck! Land Rovers got me into overlanding, but I was in Africa at the time. I just had to have one for the Africa trip, and they are possible to get/fabricate. :D

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94