AEV J8 Milspec First Drive Video

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Drool. :drool:

Poor Scott. He has to do all those boring chores...

Diesel for my domestic JK 2-door yet? Pretty please?

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Nice job on the video Bill. Wow, that is a GREAT rig. What's the estimated going rate for the J8 with diesel drivetrain installed? Anyone have any hard figures?

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient

That actually isn't too bad, I would have thought it higher then that. Given what they have to do to produce that vehicle. Just think what it could cost if Jeep had the cajones to produce this for the public themselves. All the work being done in house on an exsisting production line, you can't help but to think how much cheaper they COULD sellf something like that for if the $50k stat is true.

pangaea

Adventurer
$50k for a hand-built, heavy duty JK with a diesel engine is quite the deal... and I think the HEMI powered one is a little bit cheaper too. Although, if you're on this forum, you probably see the advantages of a diesel.

alosix

Expedition Leader
I've already sent in the order form and am trying to figure out where to get the 50k for it :). Had a plan, then the economy went weird and killed that plan. Next plan :)

The only annoying part about the price so far is that even Dave admitted on the aev forum that Chrysler was really marking up the prices they bought to limit their sale.

I'm currently weighing one of these against an imported 85ish D110.

Jason

uberhahn

Observer
I wish for a manual...

Of what I've read on the AEV forums, it is only available with an automatic transmission. Yes, yes, just as good as the manual, blah, blah. I just like driving a diesel with a manual transmission.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Maybe I misread it somewhere, I thought 50K was just for the chassis?? 50K and drive away doesn't sound too bad.

haven

Expedition Leader
I think the rolling chassis costs $42,000, leaving $8,000 to purchase and install the engine and transmission.

[Highjack mode on]

In December, the Mahindra diesel pickup will appear in USA. With 2600 lb payload and a 7 foot long bed, the Mahindra has the potential to be an adventure travel platform. Drop a Four Wheel Campers Ranger model in the bed, and drive around the world!

Mahindra hopes to price the pickup 10% to 15% less than the Toyota Tacoma, which I take to mean that the Mahindra pickup will be priced around $23,000. There's a lot of room between $23,000 and the $50,000 you'd pay for a J8 for upgrades to make the truck fit your needs.

[Highjack off]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles