A Few Cosmetic Upgrades to the Taco

barlowrs

Explorer
Well this round of mods has no real purpose but cosmetics, but I figured I would post it up anyway, as this contains my FAVORITE mod to DATE!!!!!

First off, you guys probably know that swapped out my color match parts (mirrors and handles) for black plastic ones. This was both cosmetic and functional as this plastic is less prone to chipping like paint. To keep with the theme, I got my hands on a base model grille surround and traded my color matched grille.

In addition, to make it flow better, I finally broke down and did the “black headlight mod”. I was trying to get away with not doing this, as this is a very common mod among the x runners and mall cruisers, but the chrome headlights didn’t look right with the front grille. I think the overall look came out good with my existing allpro bumper being black.

Before:

IMG_1930.jpg

After:
IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

And now for my FAVORITE MOD TO DATE!!!!!!! (drum-roll please!)

I have transformed my truck from a TRD sport model to the coveted TRD EXPEDITION MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

I chose to do red because I think it works with the Red TRD in the center caps of the FJ wheels I have

barlowrs

Explorer
I was hopeing for one that said TRD Overland, but he is not making full custom ones anymore...but this one works JUST FINE for me!:smiley_drive:

barlowrs

Explorer
Having trouble finding a way to PM the sockmonkey. Anyone have a link??

You have to be a member of tacoma world.....once your a member, just click on his user name and hit send message (just like this forum).

Here is a link to all the bedside decals he makes now. He will not do any more custom desging so you have to pick from this list (though its extensive) but he can do any colors you want though: http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?url=http://tinyurl.com/Bedside-Decals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz