Expedition Key's 09 Tacoma build thread

Expedition Key

Adventurer
Here goes post one:

Phase one first mod was installing a Leer 100r cap and Rack-It Rack, then shortly after Toytec ultimate lift (Coilovers, diff drop, rear add a leafs and angle shims, Bilstiens around. Then I put on BFG AT's 265/75/16 and trailer brake controler.

Last edited:

Expedition Key

Adventurer
OK Phase 2:

Installed Firestone Ride-Rite airbags after trashing both rear shocks carrying heavy loads offroad. I installed them in a dirt parking lot around midnight while it was 30 degrees out....fun

Last edited:

Expedition Key

Adventurer
After ARB bumper installed and put on 255/85/16S

img1060m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

THE WARN M8000 didn't work when it arrived so I had to wait a week for another one

Last edited:

Expedition Key

Adventurer
Installed Blue Sea 6 switch panel which coincidentally fit near perfectly in the opening for the in cab fuse box.

img1087w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1089x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1093bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Expedition Key

Adventurer
Installed Demello bolt on sliders. These were a bit of a pain in the ******** to install because two of the holes that needed to line up with the crossmember bolt didn't line up.

img1143e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I ended up using the Hi-lift as a clamp to get it close (the C clamps weren't doing much) and the filed out the hole bigger with a rat tail file.
img1144c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Drilling the holes in the bottom of the frame was tiresome and I didn't like getting metal shavings all over me so I used the jack as a somewhat inverted drill press, worked great.
img1148.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1160s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

img1158f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Expedition Key

Adventurer
Installed Blue Sea Positive and negative buses with a 300 amp fuse feeding power to a Blue Sea fuse box in the bed.

img1165z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Expedition Key

Adventurer
Building out the bed:

img1167fy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

img1170wd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Tacking together options:
img1171b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
finding a place for the compressors:
img1173l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Expedition Key

Adventurer
I pulled the bed built in out and made a few changed and built the drawer box.

I couldn't the $700 or so it would cost me for the Accuride 60" slides when I can get a full 72" for nearly nothing. The drawers are built with 5/32 space around all sides, I'm toying with the idea of adding some slick 1/8th" plastic
strips. Either that or a bunch of ball catches to keep everything centered and sliding.

Kye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94