CB install

landshark23

so i finally bit the bullet and installed my CB radio this to day over all it was an easy install the hardest part of the install was deciding were the heck to put the dam thing. i finally decided to put it in the center consul right below my radio. I think this was the cleanest place to put it there are no wire showing and it look like it was meant to be there. please tell me what you think of it

installing the radio took some time about 3 hours worth of work and a 6 pack. the first thing to do is remove center panel. there are five screws that hold this panel in and two of there are hidden well thank you toyota.:censored: after you remove these you just pule the center panel off.

Next i puled the radio out and did a quick test fit to see if i could fit the radio in the area below the radio. It was snug as a glove and worked perfectly.

after test fitting the radio i ran the power wires and the ground. i wired the orange wire to the cigaret lighter(green is power) and the red directly to the battery. the ground wire was attached to the mettle harness behind the radio.

after wiring up the radio i needed to modify the radio harness there were two thing that need to be done to it. The first was to grinned out part of the harness to make it possible to screw the CB radio into it and support it. next was to grind off sever small bumps shown in the second picture this made the radio fit in a little better

the dots are circled in red there are two on each side

after getting the radio harness ready for mounting the CB radio i attached the coaxial cable and the 90 degree fitting the 90 degree fitting is necessary to make the radio fit in flush and not stick out.

you can see that the 90 degree fitting make the cable flush with the rest of the wiring

now ever thing goes back in the way it came out are you suposed to have extra screws o well must have not needed them :eek: LOL all finish with the radio. so what do you guys think

S

Scenic WonderRunner

This is the best looking CB Radio In Dash Install that I have ever seen on ExPo! Great Job!

94151194b58b8272c3412c91a990e69d_10057.jpg

Now tell us about your Antenna! And your SWR Numbers! The most important part!

Carry On.....:victory:

Last edited by a moderator:

4x4mike

Adventurer
Pretty common with that radio in the 4runners. Here is mine.

DSC05773.jpg

Older pic with my old GPS

Photo0213.jpg

Last edited:

landshark23

here are a few pic of my antenna and mount still don't have a swr meeter to see what kind of numbers i am getting but have used it a couple time and am able to get out about 10 15 miles

picture.php

picture.php

here is something that i added on the CB power line to eliminate all the engine noise that i was getting even though it was minor it was still there on a few channels now i have nothing.

picture.php

Box Rocket

Great looking install. Very clean looking. That radio is a great fit in a double din slot if you gone with an aftermarket single din head unit.

I've got the same one in my 80 series Cruiser. Fits like it was made to be there.
_MG_1275.jpg

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
here are a few pic of my antenna and mount still don't have a swr meeter to see what kind of numbers i am getting but have used it a couple time and am able to get out about 10 15 miles ....

Pretty long range for a CB..you sure about that distance?

landshark23

ok here are the of my antenna and the the mount, for now i am using one of those 1/2 of the merrier from radio shack it works well. along with one of there wip antennas the combo works well.

picture.php

picture.php

Cold Smoke

Did the same thing on my Xterra, going to change it any time now as it's extremely difficult to tune now without putting the SWR meter at the antenna

landshark23

ya im am pretty sure on the distance as i was in in santa rosa on a hill and talking to some one in Rohnert park which is like 10 to 15 depending on what side he was on but that was under ideal setting i am guessing that i would get about 2 to 5 miles on the trails with it but that is about it its all line of site any ways wont go far if i was in a canyon

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
ya im am pretty sure on the distance as i was in in santa rosa on a hill and talking to some one in Rohnert park which is like 10 to 15 depending on what side he was on but that was under ideal setting i am guessing that i would get about 2 to 5 miles on the trails with it but that is about it its all line of site any ways wont go far if i was in a canyon

As per Google maps, it is ~8 miles and pretty flat as well, which is still a long way for CBs. Definitely not the norm. Lucky I guess! :costumed-smiley-007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz