05+ Tacoma DC SB Bed Racks??

exploreFL

Observer
Not to hijack, ut Sayntzero, could you post some more detailed pics your rack setup, I am currently in the process of drawing up plans to put a rack on my tundra, except I want to include a cover so I can keep the baby stuff dry in the back! Also here is a pic of one I found here on the forum for sale on craigslist! I am thinking of doing something like this except I will put either wood or a sheet of the lightweight plastic, like they use on boats, can't remember what it is called off hand. Just food for thought!
DSCN1165.jpg

sayntzero

Here you go. I'm not going to win an award for the most beautiful welds, but it's strong.

I am actually in the process of remaking it with a lighter metal and an expanded metal bottom. but the design will stay fundamentally the same.

pm me if you want bigger images or dimension details.

Jason

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Box Rocket

Couple updated pics of my finished rack. Ski rack comes off when the tent goes on. There are a pair of side rails that bolt on, and those in combination with the ski rack make a basic basket. Picked up the light for cheap but it was 24v. Swapped the bulb to a 12v and it's a great work lamp. It's on a plug and there's a matching post on the other side so it can be moved to either side of the truck.

bedrack7.jpg

bedrack8.jpg

bedrack9.jpg

Shadow

Has anyone ever tried building a rack out of unistrut? It would be a cheap, no weld alternative that would be pretty strong if put together right. Might be a bit heavy though. Any opinions?

Dirtytires

Explorer
Couple updated pics of my finished rack. Ski rack comes off when the tent goes on. There are a pair of side rails that bolt on, and those in combination with the ski rack make a basic basket. Picked up the light for cheap but it was 24v. Swapped the bulb to a 12v and it's a great work lamp. It's on a plug and there's a matching post on the other side so it can be moved to either side of the truck.

bedrack7.jpg

bedrack8.jpg

bedrack9.jpg

As I told you before you need to build these things and sell em.. I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne