2003 Mercedes Benz G500 G-Wagen

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
how about a 47k '83 2500 4x4 and cash? Burb is GMC from an estate sale in Mt, originally from Wy- runs great, only issue is normal loose steering from early GM. Any issues w/ the G? I had an '03 and bad taste from electrical issues. And, is warranty transferable? Thanks- pm pls

Devin W

Observer
Dale --
I sent you a PM, but for others interested the good thing is that as a 2003 the warranty has been exercised enough to cure any electrical demons (maybe I should have said "exorcised"?). Coming from my many years of Land Rover ownership I drove around with 30 pounds of tools in the back of the G for about a year. Now a all I carry is a rain jacket.

The warranty is transferable for a $50 transfer fee to a new owner. The warranty covers work provided by any MB authorized tech and there is a $50 deductible for each visit.

Chuck --
Tks!

Last edited:

SCRover

Adventurer
Nice G, Devin. Have always admired these.

My wife has been wanting to downsize from her '02 Toyota Sequoia - don't know if you would even consider a 'yota given your "domestic demand." The truck is in exquisite mechanical condition at ~126K - have all maint/svc record since we purchased in '05. All maint. done at local 'yota dealer.

If you have any interest, let me know. 'Course, the truck is probably on its way to Dale's house now... :ylsmoke:

Devin W

Observer
Nice G, Devin. Have always admired these.

My wife has been wanting to downsize from her '02 Toyota Sequoia - don't know if you would even consider a 'yota given your "domestic demand." The truck is in exquisite mechanical condition at ~126K - have all maint/svc record since we purchased in '05. All maint. done at local 'yota dealer.

If you have any interest, let me know. 'Course, the truck is probably on its way to Dale's house now... :ylsmoke:

I love the imports, but the Suburban or Yukon XL is ready to flat tow out of the box w/o any messing w/driveshafts, etc and you don't have to leave the key in the ignition to prevent the steering from locking up. My wife and I have been spending a lot of time traveling around in our bus and I need something that I can run my dual rail motorcycle rack on w/little or no modification ('cuz I don't want to tow double!).

So far, it's still available...:cool:

Devin W

Observer
A couple more pics...

Here are a couple more pics of the G in its natural habitat. BTW, for a fly and drive I can pick you up at the Denver airport and even put you up for a night if need be.

CM122JUN08ENH.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

Devin W

Observer
Updates

Updated mileage - I don't drive it much, but I got the carpets shampoo'd yesterday and a fresh wash and wax. It looks sweet!

I also updated the trade criteria. Looking for a 4X4 Crew Cab Sierra or Silverado 2500 of early to mid-2000's vintage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94