LED Tail, markers, and license plate lights
200lbs gas lid shocks
SS latches
SS 6' piano hinge
3500lbs axle
Electric brakes

Last edited:

Willman

It's a good looking trailer with a heavy duty lid!....Little rust...but what old military trailer doesn't......Pulls like a dream!...For $600.....It was a great deal!

DSC03679.jpg

:)

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Please keep us posted on what you do - and your reasoning behind it. Seems like trailer setup is a varied as rig setup.

What did you look for when you were shopping trailers? Did you have a particular model in mind or just happen upon this one?

Sorry for the questions but I am beginning a tailer quest (data-wise) and want some ideas from the more sage of our elite forum.

OldSven

Explorer
Schattenjager said:
Please keep us posted on what you do - and your reasoning behind it. Seems like trailer setup is a varied as rig setup.

What did you look for when you were shopping trailers? Did you have a particular model in mind or just happen upon this one?

Sorry for the questions but I am beginning a tailer quest (data-wise) and want some ideas from the more sage of our elite forum.
A trailer was on my "want list" for a while but I didn't think I would get one for a while. Willman found this one awhile back, and sent it to me again so I called and got a great deal on it. I was hoping for one with squared fenders so that worked out, and a lid. I''m going to match my truck as far as wheels and paint. My bed is setup for camping but a tent on the trailer would be nice for space and when we want to go for the night or trip we can just hitch up and go.

OldSven

Explorer
It's a wonder what a little WD40 will do for ya:) Got the trailer pulled apart so it can be sandblasted. There is going to be alot of fab and re-fab to do on this thing.

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
The hinge is a big piano hinge, and then two latches on the other side. I'm going to replace the piano hinge with a new one, and probably replace the latches with some like the one that is on my swingout. Winter project is right! Once that thing is blasted it is going inside out of the weather and then start piecing it back together.

Willman

Sweet.....now your ready to make that thing into a boat!!!! You could put that 25 horse motor of my dads on their and your set!....:shakin:

:)

OldSven

Explorer
You know the motor might help if I get stuck in a mud hole with this thing:) Looks like Sunday is the day for blasting.

OldSven

Explorer
Well since last time I posted the sandblast guy never showed so I ordered a sandblaster online that works pretty good. Also had to go buy a compressor that would keep up with it. Today I got all of the holes welded and ground down, and got an enclosed tent for out back that I can sandblast in without covering the neighborhood in dust.

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

DSC02664.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94