Expo Portal Ham Radio Net - 04 DEC 07 @ 19:00 PST

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
... on the Western Reflector node #9251

Topic is: Suspension Upgrades

Please sign up below!

We need others to take the net control spot, and to suggest topics. Any volunteers?

Mark - KE7IXX

pismo62

Adventurer
I'd like to join it but I have a scout group on tues. nights. Maybe during the holidays when scouts is off.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Seems like that would be a pretty cool HAM demo for the Scouts - Even if you just checked in only.

pismo62 said:
I'd like to join it but I have a scout group on tues. nights. Maybe during the holidays when scouts is off.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
dang dang I work on the 4th...I can't wait for the 18th when I will actually get to talk with you guys...I seriously need the airtime

Oh and on the scout thing...they can earn communicator with the ham radio, you can also mention the annual Jamboree on the Air...remember they can talk on the radio as long as you are right there as the control operator.

have fun guys

Angel?

Adventurer
Hi Mark,

While I would enjoy joining you on the 4th, I will have to wait until the 18th as I have a business dinner on the 4th. Bummer :-(

Cabrito aka Michael was kind enough to walk me through the process of hooking up thru a local IRPL node (thanks!), which I will test here with several potential repeaters in the upcoming days. Great talking with you today, Michael!

Enjoy the net on the 4th!

Cheers,
Cal

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
I'll try to get in with you guys on the 4th. If I can't get into the local Echolink node, maybe I can set mine back up.

Dan
W5MAN

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
The 2m IRLP repeater in Abq is not showing active anymore. I need to upgrade to the 440 soon, I have multiple 440 repeaters around me, some with IRLP.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Cross-posted on MUD

I posted on iH8MUD electronics section for this net - Feel free to go look and let me know if I left anything out or need to edit it. I would post a link but I am at work and MUD is blocked by our IT folks.

-mg

Angel?

Adventurer
Hey Michael,

The post turned out great!

Now let's have some more Expo hams post this on some more vehicle-specific websites!

Cheers,
Cal

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz