Holy Grail Truck

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice hood scoops...lol

We are calling them "hood poops" now. They kinda just sit there like turds. I suppose if you bother to cut the stock hood below them so they let heat out, they might not be so poopy.

I am now being forced to suffer longer due to the Easter weekend (Not that kind of suffering). The hombre purchasing my F350 is getting his money wired up from South America, but now it won't be at the bank until tues. So, no play with new toy until next week. I will have to eat :steak: and drink :beer: whilst plotting and scheming...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It'll definitely be "A". I like the idea of keeping things relatively close to stock. They are bigger than the other two styles, but when it comes to duallies I agree with Sir Mixalot. You know... " I like big butts". The "stance" of the "A" truck is about what I am after too. I think that's where I'll be with the 255/85R16s and 2" levelling kit that's on it already. Have to get the deck off and box on to be sure.

It's probably just as well that I can't pick up the truck until this time next week. I have a renovation to finish for some clients, and the Pisten Bully I drive four nights a week is having electronic/hydraulic issues and our main mechanic just took off to Australia for a month. I will have to fix it in his absence. The plus side of him being gone though, is I can use his bay in the shop to work on the new truck.

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:Redthies you finaly got the truck you always wanted, and can I say, what a truck! Looks like you did well there and you leave us all envious :drool:to see what you do with that fine vehicle. I am just going to have to come up this summer and check it out. What did you pay for that fine beast, if I may ask? Congrats and please keep us updated.... Cheers, Chilli....:)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hi Chilli. We may get to test your theory about guys sleeping with their Cummins instead of their wives. It was suggested that I buy anything but a black 2nd gen with 5spd and flatdeck. Once she gets a good look at this beast, I may indeed be sleeping with it...

Price has yet to be finalized. I have left a deposit and will likely pay very close to his asking price. Given the number of people trying to buy it, and the amount of work done, and the fact that he is holding it for me while my buyers money is wired from Chile, I don't feel it fair to dicker too much. I'll offer maybe $5 below asking. Gotta get a "deal" after all!

huntsonora

Explorer
I love that truck! Have you thought about going to a single rear wheel setup? Dually's are tough down here, guys get rocks stuck in the rear wheels and go through the tires.

Seriously, that truck is the holy grail and when you get one you don't worry about the color but you know what they say, once you go black....

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
I think, if you wanted to, you could just find a stock, black, non-dually bed and add the other style flare?...however, I can empathize with your love of um, err, Sir Mixalot songs... Bed "A", definitely looks like one of those rap guy's girlfriends. :)

It'll definitely be "A". I like the idea of keeping things relatively close to stock. They are bigger than the other two styles, but when it comes to duallies I agree with Sir Mixalot. You know... " I like big butts". The "stance" of the "A" truck is about what I am after too. I think that's where I'll be with the 255/85R16s and 2" levelling kit that's on it already. Have to get the deck off and box on to be sure.

It's probably just as well that I can't pick up the truck until this time next week. I have a renovation to finish for some clients, and the Pisten Bully I drive four nights a week is having electronic/hydraulic issues and our main mechanic just took off to Australia for a month. I will have to fix it in his absence. The plus side of him being gone though, is I can use his bay in the shop to work on the new truck.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I can empathize with your love of um, err, Sir Mixalot songs...

No love, just happened to be on MTV when the wife flicked through the channels yesterday. I've never seen that video before, and being a 44 year old white guy, I don't have a huge knowledge of rap... Funny video though!

The dually "flares" are close to $1000 each! I have a line on a couple of used "type A" dually beds for under $500, and have a few people interested in the flat deck at $500.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I love that truck! Have you thought about going to a single rear wheel setup? Dually's are tough down here, guys get rocks stuck in the rear wheels and go through the tires.

Seriously, that truck is the holy grail and when you get one you don't worry about the color but you know what they say, once you go black....

The whole purpose is to go TO a dually to carry the camper, and tow the Rubicon behind. It won't see too much off road action.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Rear doors open. They should on any '98. That and the 12 valve 5 speed is what makes it so grail. The rest of the goodies doesn't hurt!

Wife just asked if it was a 5 speed. I said "yes, don't kill me". If I don't post again soon, send help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior