Holy Grail Truck

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey Drummond, Spencinator! How's the 12"s of snow treating you? We had that last week. Twice! Happy spring!

As for the truck, I guess I suck at keeping secrets. I'm still kinda giddy about the whole deal. I was looking at 24v autos, as that is what one sees for sale in my cash sale price range. Found a few good ones, but was still on the fence.

I took a deposit on my F350 today from a super nice guy who is planning to drive it home to Chile! A trip I always wanted to do. At least my truck will get to do it!

But I digress... I was taking a shot in the dark look at Craigslist and I saw it... '98 12v 3500 Quadcab with NV4500. 180,000 miles. New head from Cummins, ATS exhaust manifold, BD exhaust brake, #10 fuel plate, 3000 gsk, pyro and boost gauges, A1 head studs, bhaf, BD steering brace, 300 miles on 255/85 Toyo M55s. The list goes on and on! It's owned by a millwright who works in the ski industry like me, and has done most of this work in the last 1000 miles. I would normally be suspicious, but he only works about 2 miles from his house, so the truck rarely gets driven, and he has $75,000 worth of new 3500 Cummins sitting beside it in the driveway. (Yup, a new QCSB 3500 Laramie is $75,000 arctic pesos!)

I am hoping to pick it up on saturday and get started doing a bit of tidying up. It has a flat deck that I will replace with a regular box, and a few other bolt on items that really gotta go. Once I have it in my driveway I'll post up some more pics.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Hey Drummond, Spencinator! How's the 12"s of snow treating you? We had that last week. Twice! Happy spring!

As for the truck, I guess I suck at keeping secrets. I'm still kinda giddy about the whole deal. I was looking at 24v autos, as that is what one sees for sale in my cash sale price range. Found a few good ones, but was still on the fence.

I took a deposit on my F350 today from a super nice guy who is planning to drive it home to Chile! A trip I always wanted to do. At least my truck will get to do it!

But I digress... I was taking a shot in the dark look at Craigslist and I saw it... '98 12v 3500 Quadcab with NV4500. 180,000 miles. New head from Cummins, ATS exhaust manifold, BD exhaust brake, #10 fuel plate, 3000 gsk, pyro and boost gauges, A1 head studs, bhaf, BD steering brace, 300 miles on 255/85 Toyo M55s. The list goes on and on! It's owned by a millwright who works in the ski industry like me, and has done most of this work in the last 1000 miles. I would normally be suspicious, but he only works about 2 miles from his house, so the truck rarely gets driven, and he has $75,000 worth of new 3500 Cummins sitting beside it in the driveway. (Yup, a new QCSB 3500 Laramie is $75,000 arctic pesos!)

I am hoping to pick it up on saturday and get started doing a bit of tidying up. It has a flat deck that I will replace with a regular box, and a few other bolt on items that really gotta go. Once I have it in my driveway I'll post up some more pics.
SCORE!!! Especially the manual!!

toymaster

Explorer
Great find! I had a '98 12v back in '98-'00. Still would have have it if I had not of messed up and got an auto. Loved the motor, hated the transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz