2005 Subaru Outback $5750 OBRO

Superu

Explorer
SOLD

Winter's finally over here in the upper latitudes and the garage needs emptying. The S6 is on its way out and the Superu is next on the block!

I am the second owner of this car. When I bought it in 2007 it was just a plain old Outback wagon. Over the next several years I built it into a more capable vehicle to take my family off the beaten path while still having a reliable daily driver. Is it over the top? Perhaps. Is it a blast to own and drive? You bet!

As we've grown, so has our need for a larger vehicle (Chevy Suburban :eek:), so it's finally time for the Superu to make someone else as happy as its made us.

Here are the main details:

• 2005 Subaru Outback Wagon w/~173,000 miles (nearly all highway)
  • 2.5 liter boxer engine w/4EAT automatic transmission
  • Safari Snorkel professionally installed by the 4x4 center in Burlington, VT
  • Primitive Racing skid plates front and rear.
  • 2" Body Lift from AUSubaru in Queensland, Australia
  • 1" of additional suspension lift from King Springs AU
  • Recent timing belt service
  • 4300k Xenon HID projector headlights
  • 3000k Xenon HID fog lights
  • Auto-dimming mirror with compass and Homelink
  • Class III 2" Hidden Hitch trailer hitch
  • Synthetic oil used for all changes and for diffs and tranny.
  • Nicro solar powered cabin vent
  • Custom front light bar w/Lightforce Striker 170 driving lights
  • Alpine stereo w/ipod interface and cable included (Original factory stereo may be substituted if you prefer)
  • General altimax arctic snow tires w/full sized spare
  • Subaru All-Weather floor mats front and rear
  • JDM Rain Visors
  • Rally Armor Mud Flaps
  • JDM tail lights(original right rear cracked when tree jumped in front of it while reversing so I replaced both. Small dent and paint crack near light.
  • Pine tree pinstriping
    New catalytic converters installed by dealer under warranty at 137k miles.
    Black Leather heated/power driver and passenger seats from an 07 Legacy and new factory black carpet in lieu of original tan cloth installed in 2011.
    Recent brake pads and rotors all around (2011)
    New KYB GR-2 struts all around (2011).
    Right rear wheel bearing replaced. (Sep 2012)
    New Serpentine belts. (Jan 2013)
    New battery. (Jan 2013)
    Synthetic oil w/filter change. (Mar 2013)
    VT State inspected. (thru Sep 2013)
  • Envy of your friends and family
  • Incredulous looks from passersby
  • Chance to be engaged in conversations with total strangers
  • And most importantly, a great looking and fun to drive car that will take you almost anywhere through any type of weather!

Would prefer a local sale (car is in NW VT), but will entertain other offers assuming you are honest and decent, unlike the guy who was going to buy it the last time I was thinking of selling. Won't get into it here, but suffice to say he was not the sort of person you'd want to do any kind of business with. (This info added for those of you who may have followed the Superu over the years.) :D

Please email or PM with any questions you may have. This has been a great car and continues to be a very fun car to own and drive. Just can't justify having so many cars in the stable anymore.

P7288847.JPG

P7288846.JPG

P7288848.JPG

P7288863.JPG

P7288864.JPG

Subaru+switches.jpg

Subaru+vent.jpg

P7288855.JPG

Last edited:

Frankspinz

Adventurer
Nice Subaru ! Perhaps I could sell my 2005 and buy yours !!! Any issues ? other than the tumored gear shift & disco switches ... :elkgrin:

No offence, from Quebec

Superu

Explorer
Nice Subaru ! Perhaps I could sell my 2005 and buy yours !!! Any issues ? other than the tumored gear shift & disco switches ... :elkgrin:

No offence, from Quebec
n'en déplaise pris :ylsmoke:

No issues with the car other than normal maintenance and the cats and wheel bearing issues that were addressed. Cats done by Subaru under recall. Wheel bearing started groaning after too many miles for recall eligibility so that came out of my pocket.

It's a great car and will no doubt make someone else happy as well. I'm just downsizing the stable and the S6 and Outback are being replaced by a nice older S8.

btw, that shifter is a hand carved Arizona river rock with a gecko on it and the top switch is for the lightforce driving lights. The other two were for aux lights and air compressor. Could be repurposed for something else.

timzim

Observer
That looks like a lot of fun. If it wouldn't cost so much to ship it to Colorado, I might be in on that -- GLWS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior