1988 Chevrolet Suburban V20 build

cop car

Observer
Hello all, thought I might as well make a build thread. 1988 Chevrolet Suburban V20, bought with about 130k miles on it, repainted once in its life at some point, but rust free rockers and underbody. Good start.

photo.jpg

End plans are to have a 6.0/4L80e combo, exo cage with roof rack, removable rear K5 Blazer top, D60 front, D70 rear, hmmwv 12 bolt wheels, possibly truck saddle tanks added. Mainly will be used as a tow rig, but also want to make it offroad capable.

Outback

Explorer
Burbs are GREAT! I really want to build one but can never find one that I like. The 4L80 will be a reall nice addition.

cop car

Observer
Removable blazer top?
I like where this is going!

Blazurban-020.jpg
BlazurbanBuild1.jpg
S-Blazurban11.jpg
S-Blazurban4.jpg

i loved my 91 burb when i had it, but sometimes you just need an open pickup bed, and i thougt to myself why not put a blazer top on it? searched the internet and there are a few conversions around, so im going to attempt it myself later when i have more time and space. best of both worlds. only thing i am skeptical of is the hangover in the rear, thought about bobing it like 6 inches or so, but then id have to bob the fiberglass blazer top and i dont think that would be a good idea ha

cop car

Observer
shortly after i got it i put my H2 tires and wheels on it 317/70/17 BFG all terrains. front wheels took a little grinding of the center hole, but fit no problems, had to buy proper thread pitch and degree lug nuts though, also someone at some point cross threaded 3 rear wheel studs, so not that big of an issue, just annoyance ha.

dmenms.jpg
driver side h2 parking lot.jpg

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
make 2 tops for it. one regular and one with flip pak style top. that would be outstanding. i was dreaming up something like but its way beyond my skill sets.

cop car

Observer
flip pak style top? what do you mean?

scrib are you the one who put your 60 under it? did everything just bolt right up to it or what all did you have to swap? im worried my drive shaft wont bolt up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles