Best Recovery Kit Bag

JohnnyS

Explorer
Currently our recovery kit is in a fat 50, it works great but...
The shape isn't conducive to safe storage & it is heavy.

I'm looking for an absolutely bomb proof Nylon bag with dividers for snatch blocks, chain, tree savers, etc...

We had a Warn bag in the past but that gave up the ghost quickly, and was too small.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
I have the ARB. I am not very happy with it. It holds everything fine but the material does not hold up well. I'd like to get the viking offroad bag

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Yes, the Viking bag is the way to go. I've been using one for a couple of years, including training, and it's holding up perfectly. I even use it as a winch line dampener.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Wow that's good to know, because I thought the ARB bag was pretty burly. It has held up to my abuse pretty well, but I love Viking stuff. Glad to hear their bag is even better in comparison!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I concur that my ARB bag didn't initially hold up well when the steel wheel from a pulley wore/cut through the bottom!:Wow1:

But in the end, ARB's excellent customer service came through! I had owned the bag for well over a year and had long ago thrown away the bag's receipt. I sent ARB a complaint about what happened to my bag and they sent me a replacement bag free of charge without me even asking them to.:)

Im sure the Viking bag is a quality bag but for now, I'll stick with my ARB bag.

Oh yeah, to prevent the same thing from happening again, I put the pulley in a thickly padded oven mitt before putting it in the ARB bag.

Bennyhana

Adventurer
My ARB bag did the same thing. The snatch block wore through the bottom. Emil from MasterPull hooked me up and gave me one of their recovery bags so that's what I'm using. It's not divided but so far is held up great and holds all my gear. Gloves, ARB snatch strap, 40' synth. extension rope, Snatch block, ARB tree saver, 3-4 D shackles and my receiver slug.

JKJenn

Adventurer
I have had the ARB bag for over year now and had no problems. I got the brand new kit off ebay a lot cheaper than retail, too. i don't however, find it convenient. I like the side pockets, but the main compartment could use some dividers.

verdesardog

Explorer
Bag? all of my recovery gear rests in the bottom of my bed mounted tool box. It wouldn't fit in anthythig other than a sea bag anyway.....

DSC_30482.JPG

RangeBrover

Explorer
Can someone tell me the difference between the Viking M4 and M5 recovery bags? Based on what I can see both seem to be exactly the same in regards to specs, is the only difference the Made in the USA vs China?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Can someone tell me the difference between the Viking M4 and M5 recovery bags? Based on what I can see both seem to be exactly the same in regards to specs, is the only difference the Made in the USA vs China?

I believe they are exactly the same except for the country of origin. I have the U.S.-made version. I haven't had the chance to compare the two directly in terms of workmanship.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I don't use a bag-for all my recovery gear, just a Warn bag for "select" items and one of my aircompressors bag-

IMG_0614_zpsba5f662a.jpg

IMG_0612_zpsd606d0a5.jpg

Combo bags are a PITA-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

RangeBrover

Explorer
Hey guys I need to purchase 4 recovery bags and was hoping that someone who owned the M4 (non USA made model) could chime in with their thoughts on the quality. Don't mind buying made in the USA but would rater spend 200 than 400.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles