Best way to carry dog food?

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
I've tried several different types of bags and containers to haul around food for my American bulldog/pit mix (he eats a lot, especially when camping). The best product I have found is the sealed FoodBrick containers from WaterBrick. I actually purchased two last year (along with three WaterBricks) from a vendor at Overland Expo East. Each Foodbrick has a gasket at the top that seals the container when shut and there is a handle for toting them around. The best part is FoodBricks/WaterBricks stack like Legos and utilize storage space well (great for overland travel). I strap them down with a HD bungee cord in my truck and they stay put. My wife and I used both the WaterBricks/FoodBricks on our recent 5k+ mile roadtrip through the Southwest with no issues at all. I really recommend the Foodbricks, they solved our dogfood storage problem completely.
-
Foodbrick 3.5 Gallon - http://www.amazon.com/WaterBrick-18..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=01SQSK5JZ4PA2AYFRTZW
3.5 Gallon WB.jpg
-
Foodbrick 1.6 Gallon - http://www.amazon.com/Stackable-Con..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1DNKCHFNHS8Z2F94VS5D
1.6 Gallon FB.jpg
-
Cheers and good luck,

Last edited:

doug720

Expedition Leader
We travel often and for extended stays with our 3 furry ones. The best container for us has been 5 gallon and the 2.5 gallon (1/2 height) plastic buckets with a screw on lid kits.

They are tough, have handles, lid is easy to open and close, and most importantly, the lid seals really well. You can buy food grade buckets and lid kits for $10 - 15.00.

JCDriller

Adventurer
After reading this thread I picked up one of the smaller blue water bricks and I can store about 20 cups of dog food in it which is about 10 days worth for my German Shepherd. Its the perfect size to fit under my Jeeps back seat. Thanks for the suggestion!

STANG302

Observer
Mainly I use Ziploc sandwich bags filled with one meals worth of food. That way I can quickly dump it in his dish. Keep all baggies in a grocery bag in my kitchen supply container and are reused for future use.

georgiadrifter

Observer
A wet/dry bag is perfect....keeps food fresh but best of all....it stuffs into any available space.

Float plane pilots in AK prefer stuff sacks as opposed to hard side bags for this very reason.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Zip locks and mayo jars?

You guys must have some small dogs :sombrero:

On the road we generally carry 100lbs or so of food for the pups, we have two.
Luckily they are both fine on the same diet.

100 pounds of food for 2 dogs????

Have you checked to be sure they're actually dogs, not horses? :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior