Habitat Owner's Thread

Desert Magazine

thank you wade-

read your email and saw your build- nice. i use to have a at trailer but had a big tax bill that was due and had to sell a few years ago- i worked at a company for 26 years and had my job sent overseas and pretty much am going to pull my 401 as means live life now (instead of later) .

JFarris

Wanderer
PM sent. Possible new Jeep coming so another build likely. May part out some of the current build components from the listing I sent you. Love the Habitat so a difficult decision but I also love doing another self build. Not looking to make any profit on the Habitat itself if I do part it out as one component as I was an early adopter so would likely just try to recoup my input which is ~50% less than a new unit.

Wade

I'm interested in your habitat. PM sent

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Anybody see the newer J30 shell in the Jeep section? Looks like it has molded in slots for awning brackets on both sides. Wondering if the Habitat shell will have the same slots? I'm assuming so, because Ursa Minor Vehicles does the shell molds for both, but there is no mention of it by Jon in the J30 thread.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Anybody see the newer J30 shell in the Jeep section? Looks like it has molded in slots for awning brackets on both sides. Wondering if the Habitat shell will have the same slots? I'm assuming so, because Ursa Minor Vehicles does the shell molds for both, but there is no mention of it by Jon in the J30 thread.

I'm assuming so as well. If they've modified the mold, I'm thinking it applies to both the J30 and J180.
I'm sure they'll let us know soon.

-Dan

Ursa Minor

Habitat

Wondering if the Habitat shell will have the same slots? I'm assuming so, because Ursa Minor Vehicles does the shell molds for both, but there is no mention of it by Jon in the J30 thread.

TenaciousTJ - The Habitat design has a few improvements/changes but the exterior remains the same and does not have the integrated slots like the second generation J30 design. That's mostly due to the difference in sales volume on our pop up vs. fold over design justifying the tooling change. - John @ UMV

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate, as I see more people wanting the awnings or awning option on a Habitat. I don't know who wouldn't want an awning on either, at time of purchase, or sometime later down the road.

kb7our

Explorer
Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate, as I see more people wanting the awnings or awning option on a Habitat. I don't know who wouldn't want an awning on either, at time of purchase, or sometime later down the road.

Last I read here somewhere the zip on awnings are on their way.

will

Adventurer
Anyone want to try to make their own zip on awning? I'm keen to give it a shot. Just need to figure out what size and type the zipper is...get some awning material...

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Last I read here somewhere the zip on awnings are on their way.

Yes the awnings have been shipped.

We should have received them last week but there was a mess up with the freight company. We are expecting them this Monday.

Will keep you posted.

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Awning $$$

List price on the Habitat awning at $299 according to the newsletter today. What do you guys think? I was going to jump on two @ $199. Now I'm not sure. My silver tarp and pole set is working pretty good. And it's bigger. Jury out...

What are the dimensions? both set up and in the bag please.

bigfish

Observer
Awning Zipper Information

Straight from Nemo's customer service:

"The zipper is a YKK #10 Vislon (Plastic) zipper 44" in length."

I needed this info to source the tent side zipper to install on my gen2 UMV J30. If any of the habitat owners can confirm the measurements, I'd be very grateful. I just thought I'd share in case anyone has the same idea of using the awning on a non-habitat RTT.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Post deleted as I found my answer on the A/T Facebook page.
BTW, the answer to my question was Grey.
Ward

Last edited:

Healeyjet

Explorer
Anyone purchase and receive the new awnings yet? If so how is the fit and quality? I want to get two of them but was looking for some feedback prior to ordering.
Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles