Locking Hitch Pins

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
What are you guys using to lock the trailer to the tow rig? I need several locking pins for my coupler and hitch mounted bike rack. I've seen the standard keyed locking pins, but wondering if there's anything cooler that uses a combo lock and is weatherproof.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I use the commonly available locking pins that use the circular type key. They work well, and give me a reasonable degree of security.

RangeBrover

Explorer
I'm assuming your talking about a trailer coupler lock that prevents the trailer from being able to lock onto another ball, or keeps it attached to your hitch? If you are I use a generic one from Advanced Auto, haven't seen one that uses a combo though. Just make sure to use some anti seize on on it so it wont rust shut on you.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Talking about the hitch pins. I have a Max Coupler and plan on getting a hitch mounted bike rack. I'd like to have each of the pins holding the Max Coupler together, and the bike rack, have a lock on them. I hate fumbling with too many keys, so wondering if anybody has or has seen a combination locking hitch pin that is weatherproof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior