INSPIRATION

ralatkins

NOOBIE
I've been lurking here for a while, and pulled the trigger on a trailer just today. My tow vehicle is a 1995 tahoe, 2 door that I've been putting together. Thanks for the inspiration and suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 8

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Great purchase. What are planned uses as that may dictate the build and suggestions. Welcome to the best and most fustrating time of your life (in the garage).

Rims to match tow vehicle
lots of welding
even more sanding and scraping fingers and arms
more welding
finally painting (to match tow vehicle)
extending tongue
Official Harbor Freight tool box
change lights to 12 v and adapt trailer to truck plug

Finally fill it with all your camping stuff and realize it is still too small!!!!!

ralatkins

NOOBIE
Nice start!

What are the build plans?

pretty simple i think to start. first thing is replace some metal and get it painted. new shocks (for sure) and maybe new springs. wheel adapters to match the lug pattern on my tahoe with some new wheels. line-x for the inside. then, who knows......... as long as the money holds out i guess lol.

and don, my skills are minimal so this thing frustrates me sitting in the driveway. but it's going to be a great learning experience, i can't wait!

gordinho80

Adventurer
You'll have to excuse Mark - he has a same-wheel-fetish :)

Whats wrong with that?! LOL!!

2012-10-08

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Where did you find the trailer? It looks good and solid for a start. Have fun, I'm enjoying my build with my brother. The registration process for NC can be a little hassle if it did not come with a title.

DonBeasley

Adventurer
And let's not forget Mark's obsession for all things RED:exclaim:

No matter what color, it is a great project. Skill is not a requirement. I have been working on mine for going on 3 years now and I have the skills of a knat.

Last edited:

ralatkins

NOOBIE
And let's not forget Mark's obsession for all things RED:exclaim:

No matter what color, it is a great project. Skill is not a requirement. I have been working on mine for going on 3 years now and I have the skills of a knat.

Mark, gordin the trailer will be red and black with matching wheels and tires to the tahoe....I too thought that was a no brainer lol.

Crusher, it did not come with a title so any info you have on procuring a NC registration would be very helpful.

Don, I am hoping that it doesn't take that long. This expo bug has bit me hard, it's something I've wanted to do for a while and my wife is now on board so I have to strike while the iron is hot. I'm hoping ten more years and I can start my expat life with Belmopan Belize as my base!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94