2001 Chevy Tracker ZR2 Exploration Vehicle

transalper

Explorer
Installed the receiver. Got a curt for $130. Put it to use right away on an expedition to the compost facility.

uvyzu2uj.jpg

Sent from mobile device. Pardon the brevity.

transalper

Explorer
Do they enable you to use low and high 4wd?
The manual hubs enable me to unlock the hubs so the CVs don't spin for highway driving. This reduces wear on the parts which is important after the lift because the CV angles are more extreme.

For winter and Offroad driving I'll keep the hubs locked most of the time so I can shift to 4wd on the fly.

Last edited:

transalper

Explorer
First time hauling the kamparoo. Tracker pulled it nicely. Wish it was for a camping trip but house projects are taking precedence this spring.

Stock suspension is fully compressed with the trailer and 8 bags of concrete in the boot. :)

tujeqe8a.jpg

transalper

Explorer
y3edy6a5.jpg

Tracker pulls the roo pretty well. Vehicle also has plenty of room for gear with one of the back seats folded down.

transalper

Explorer
Custom GPS mount. Used one of the extra switch ports on the dash. Shifted the flasher and defrost switches down. Made a bracket for the modified RAM ball mount. Works like a charm!

2a3ynaze.jpg

uda4u3a9.jpg

qequ8e9y.jpg

Last edited:

Morticon

Adventurer
Any better idea on when your lifting, and if so what tires you'll be going with? It would be cool if you could fit some 30x9.5R15s! With a simple2" lift. Does OME make a lift for them?

The one you posted for the winch idea looks amazing. Any idea on the specs for it?

transalper

Explorer
Lift hopefully this year some time. Ome springs and shocks should give around 1.5-2". I'm gonna stick with stock (or close to stock) sized tires since I pull the trailer frequently.

Last edited:

transalper

Explorer
Suspension lift is delayed til spring now. It got COLD fast.

I heard back from a company called AFN regarding their winch plate for the Vitara. They can ship it directly as there isn't a US distributor. Does anybody have experience with this product or company? They are portugal-based. 206 euro.

WWW.AFN.pt

y4e8egeb.jpg

Edit: shipping is 120 euro which probably takes it out of the running.

Last edited:

transalper

Explorer
Anybody put extra weight on the back gate of a Vitara? I'm thinking about strapping a jerry can to the spare.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles