Nemo Alti Storm 3p

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
I have the chance to get a brand new Nemo Alti Storm 3p Tent for almost 40% off. Does anybody have one? I have a couple questions. I don't do a lot of snow camping however Id like too.

1.) Is it too hot for summer camping?

2.) How long is the set up time?

Last edited:

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
It is a 4 season tent... which means its made to withstand the harsh elements at high altitude i.e. high winds, snow drifts and the UV rays that eat fabric when at altitude...and strong guy points to anchor it to the ground..
It should be no different in summer from a regular 3 season tent.....

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
Thanks. This is my first time getting a 4 season tent. I wanted to make sure it was not too* much for summer time.

Ramjet

Explorer
It will work, but it will heat up like an oven during the day. It doesn't have that much ventilation (noseeum mesh). I have used 4 season tents in the summer here in Tejas, and I can tell you, I thought I was going to be baked inside it trying to sleep. It's an awesome tent, but I would go with the Asashi 3P or 4P for Summer trips. Sometimes a good deal is hard to pass up, trust me I know, but unless you are going to be doing mountaineering and winter camping, I think it's overkill for the summer months. Good luck.

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
I went ahead and ordered the Alti Storm 3p. I got such a good deal I could probably sell it for more then what I paid of I decide I don't like it. Ill try to write up a review and bring it to the Expo.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Because it was designed to shoulder heavy snow loads and high winds, it uses more poles than some, and those poles are fed through sleeves. Setup will be slower than a proper 3 season tent. And make no mistake, this will be one seriously toasty tent in warm temps. It will also struggle to expel moisture in those warmer, wetter climates.

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
So you think it won't dry off as quickly from rain?

Because it was designed to shoulder heavy snow loads and high winds, it uses more poles than some, and those poles are fed through sleeves. Setup will be slower than a proper 3 season tent. And make no mistake, this will be one seriously toasty tent in warm temps. It will also struggle to expel moisture in those warmer, wetter climates.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
So you think it won't dry off as quickly from rain?
Because it is designed to fend off seriously ugly mountain weather, it won't have the breathability and air pass-through that a 3-season tent would have, if for no other reason than it lacks all the mesh that 3-season tents usually have. That will make condensation in some weather conditions more of an issue. We humans create a good bit of moisture in our sleep and getting it out of a tent can be a challenge. Not the end of the world, though. I have several 4-season tents and while they're really only ideal in winter conditions, I might use them during the shoulder seasons. I'll tell you right now, it will suck in the summer, even with the fly removed. Get a hot day with some rain and you'll have a rain forest environment in there.

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
Ok. Thanks for te explanation. I guess I might just have to buy another tent sometime for summer use if this doesn't work out to be a good dual purpose tent. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier