EXPO Cookbook ?

Honu

lost on the mainland
I wonder if it would be possible to come up with a EXPO cookbook ?

some dutch oven
some grill
some for pans and the burner :)

some tips on pre prep, packing and cleanup

I know it might be a bit of a project ? but enough funds to cover a bit for the person putting it together for their time and maybe make it a buy a copy for a certain price or a PDF style ebook ?

my wife was the graphic designer at Kapalua and all of Kapalua workers put together a cookbook since it was mostly local workers it was local food
we have a ton of Hawaiian cookbooks and the Kapalua one from all the workers is the best one !!!!

have to say reading so many great ideas I keep trying to copy and paste to keep them :)

not sure who or if anyone would be up for this ?

Ramjet

Explorer
Of all the things on this Portal, not a single cook book. Great idea. I have a few to contribute when ready. Thanks.

Ramjet

Explorer
Beef Pho Recipe from my Wife

Beef Pho
By Phoukhong Ramsey

P4081085.jpg

P4081083.jpg

Ingredients:
6 quarts of beef/chicken broth
½ an onion sliced
2 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled or unpeeled)
3 cloves of garlic (peeled)
1 bag of meatballs cut into quarters (You can find these at your neighborhood Asian store.)
1½ lbs of flat iron steak (grilled & sliced into ½’’ in thickness)
1 package of pho noodles (located in the refrigerated section in your local Asian store or dried pho noodles can be found anywhere) (Dried pho noodles takes an extra step to cook.)

Condiments: (Please put the following ingredients in as desired. All of the following are all optional.)
1 bunch of cilantro
½ c of chopped green onions
Hoisin sauce
Oyster sauce
Sriracha sauce
Chili garlic sauce
Crushed red peppers
Black pepper
Fried garlic
Jalapenos (sliced)
1 Cups bean sprouts
1 Bunch of Thai basil
1 lime cut into quarters

Directions:
Make the broth. Put sliced onions, ginger, garlic, and chicken or beef broth into a pot. Bring to a boil.
In 4 separate bowls break up the pho noodles. If the pho noodles are from the frozen section, continue to the next step. If your pho noodles are dry, please cook the noodles according to the package before distributing into the bowls. Ladle the boiling broth into the bowls, enough to cover and soften the pho noodles. Then, put 6-7 slices of grilled flank steak into your bowl. Put a pinch of chopped cilantro, green onions, a couple of slices of jalapenos, and a handful of bean sprouts in the bowl. Squeeze a little lime, a tablespoon of hoisin sauce, ½ a teaspoon of oyster sauce, a dash of chili garlic sauce, squeeze a little sriracha, sprinkle crushed red peppers, black peppers, and enjoy!

I hope you all enjoy this recipe. There is a longer version; however, I like life to be simple and my family absolutely enjoys this shorter version of pho.

Last edited:

SilverBullet

Explorer
I put together the calendar every year and there is a similar item on Cafe Press I could put together for an as needed order.

If interested, I will look into what is needed. Those who make a recipe need to make one dish presentation for a photo as well (images always make people hungry).

EDIT: The cafe press one is a journal to make your own... I could put something together, but would have to have at least a few confirmed orders before I could go to print. I can't just print 100 and try to sell them due to our financial restrictions.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I'll donate my chili recipe:

3lb hamburger
1lb breakfast sausage
2T onion powder
1/2t red pepper flakes
1T garlic powder
1/4c chile powder
2 cans diced tomatoes (I like a fire roasted variety)
1/2c tequila
1/2c orange juice

Brown meat in dutch oven, use a little oil if necessary to keep it from sticking.
Stir in onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, chile powder. Cook until fragrant.
Stir in diced tomatoes, bring to a simmer.
Stir in tequila and OJ, consume one shot of tequila.
Simmer covered for at least 90 minutes, stirring often.
If needed, add more tequila and OJ in equal parts to keep it from getting too thick.
Add more chile powder to taste. Season with salt to taste.

LifeRemotely

Observer
Forks in the Road: Recipes from Overlanding the Pan-American Highway

forks_in_the_road_cover.png

Hey Guys and Gals and Chefs,

We have secretly been working on this for quite some tome now and I am thrilled to announce that the Overlanding Recipe book is finally done!

To be released online and in print at Overland Expo 2013 on May 17th.

What's inside:

• 85 full-color recipes all made with ingredients available in Latin America
  • Quick & easy ideas for every meal of the day
  • Baking over charcoal explained with easy-to-follow diagrams
  • Latin American-inspired recipes to match an overlanding lifestyle
  • How-to guide for roasting an entire lamb or 25-pound beef rib rack

There is a sneak peek at what is inside on our website. Go check it out! Forks in the Road: Recipes from Overlanding the Pan-American Highway.

Honu

lost on the mainland
looks like a nicely done cookbook :)

still would like a EXPO cook book with recipes from EXPO members though :)

Ramjet

Explorer
500+ views and zero contributions. Come on guys, what the heck do you all eat out there? Rice cakes and beef jerky. Lets see some recipes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne