COSTMAN13's 2001 Tacoma

Costman13

Adventurer
:box:

photo4_zps724531c1.jpg

I read somewhere about throwing the OME top plate spacer kit in right off the bat if running the 882's and a front bumper / winch, so I picked one up, but I am having second thoughts about this. What do you guys think?? It seems like it may be a good idea for down the road when things start to sag, but it also seems like it may be very stiff for a while. Again, your input and experience is much appreciated.

This is the standard "kit" from OME, with 882s. I also grabbed a set of front brake lines while I'm at it.

Last edited:

Costman13

Adventurer
All-Pro gave me a call yesterday to ask for detailed pictures of the where the hoops are welded on my bumper as each one is a little bit different. I suspect they're trying to get yours set up just like mine. :)

I guess I would be okay with that... :sombrero:

Costman13

Adventurer
:victory:

I talked with Hella about stone guards for these... nothing yet.

Please keep me posted if they get back to you.. I was just thinking of a rock guard of some kind. Maybe a sheet of clear vinyl, although wont stop cracking if taken a good hit but would help prevent pitting of the lens. Im not sure if it would distort the light output or mess with the projection at all, but then again, it is only a fog light :rolleyes:

Costman13

Adventurer

A pair of Hella 4000's (these things are huge) are now waiting for the front bumper. As well as an Energy Suspension steering rack bushing kit, a missing bolt from the wheelers offroad lift enhancer "kit" and sway bar bushings and bump stops. Hopefully this thing will handle like a racecar after the install :cool:. Tires should be here monday, looking to put the suspension on Tuesday after work. APEX bumper sometime next week-ish.

Im looking forward to getting the tear down started.

Costman13

Adventurer
I'm sitting at the shop waiting on tires and alignment. Pictures to follow.

I have only have about 20 miles on the OME set so far. It feels very solid. Great improvement over the previous setup. The CV angles are VERY steep. I'm hoping the APEX bumper will help with that, along with over all settling.

Costman13

Adventurer
Here are a few crummy cell phone pictures of the install. No detailed write up here, I figured there were enough OME install write ups.

I have access to a pretty bad *** shop.

Out with the old.

In with the new.

All done, with 265/75 R16's

Since this the 285/75's have been put on and the alignment has been put as close to spec as he could get it. It looks like I may need a set of UCAs. Good quality pictures to come later this afternoon.

jeverich

Luddite
Truck looks great!

I'd definitely go with new UCAs.

I'm going to be coming through Seattle late Friday night, then I'll be up in Bellingham for the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke