COSTMAN13's 2001 Tacoma

Acher550

I am not sure which Shell I have... I bought it on Craigslist maybe 4-5 years back for just a couple hundred dollars. It serves its purpose well. If I was made of money I would look into getting an ARE shell with all the bells and whistles, sliding Windoors on the sides, nice carpeted interior and a solid rack system up top. But thats big money, maybe $1200. I think I paid $250 for mine. Thanks for the compliments!

Ya thats exactly what im after! I am just trying to decide which of the cab high ARE shells looks the best... Its really hard to tell from their website.

Acher550

What do you use the front rack for? (that tube with the patagonia sticker?)
More pics of that setup and description if you dont mind!

Costman13

Adventurer
Did a little driving around on some local logging roads today and snapped a few pictures.

I really need to get a breaker for the AUX fuse panel and a battery isolation switch for the winch solenoid.

I ran the winch controller "socket" through the firewall and onto the dash. I had planned on removing the factory clock and putting a "control panel" of sorts there, but opted for this much simpler solution. Now I can still tell time...

Next priorities are:

Skid Plates
Upper Control Arms
Interior protection (Seat covers, floor mats that are worth a damn)
Recovery Gear

and I'm sure a million other things.... I don't even know why I make lists anymore.

Last edited:

Costman13

Adventurer
Thanks! I am really enjoying it. The performance of the truck is quite good with the FWC. I had expected a large drop in MPG and performance but saw almost no change in MPG, but did notice a loss of power, especially up hill...

As far as specs, it is a 2003 FWC Eagle in great shape. 2003 turned a new page for FWC. With new ownership came all plywood and no particle board, resulting in a higher quality and craftsmanship.

I'll snap some pictures and get them up here by the end of the week.

seanpistol

Explorer
Sweet. I really like the light hoops on your bumper. I'm about to start making a bumper for my 1st gen Tundra and am going to try to style some light hoops after yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior