2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

marty1977

Adventurer
Welcome to my entire week in WV and PA. Music up windows down and move on with your life. If it ain't leaking or in pieces its probably alright

I'm always listening for new sounds of broken stuff on every trip. I will try the radio fix from now :)

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Tracked it down! Its a heat shield or exhaust rattling next to the gas tank/muffler area.. The sound only comes on at or above 2500rpm every time so ill go check underneath the vehicle once it cools off.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Funny, that was my first guess too but you said it only happened once and only in the morning so I ruled that out.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Noise Fixed

The problem was the heat shield on the driver's side right before the "Y" junction. This pip runs perpendicular to the vehicle and had a large amount of rocks and dirt in it.
All I did was cut the bottom half of the heat shield out in between the pipe clamps and it was gone. I'm happy!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Baker Pass, Colorado

Took a little jaunt to Larimer county in Colorado to a blue trail called Baker Pass. We headed to Colorado mainly for the fall color changes, next weekend we are going to the
red trail in the area called Kelly Flats (you should google image it) so I'm excited for that. We will bring the atv along in case its a little rougher than I want to take the pathfinder
through alone. Anyways I took a lot of pictures but Ill only upload two of them now. These two were my favorite besides the ones I took of the gf. Baker Pass climbs just over 11,000 ft
but once we hit the top it started raining in a really bad way. Colorado is known for these trails littered with Talus, it is a type of sharp rock so the going was slow but the tires performed
admirably.
`
Cheers
`
IMG_1109 (1).jpg
`
IMG_1119 (1).jpg

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
How'd the new tires do on that rock?

No punctures! All tires will go over talus, my M+S tires got a slight tear last time I went through a talus field. I was going faster than I would of liked on the way down due to the rain but they have zero chipping. and the blocks still look squared at the top which makes me happy. Im just waiting for another snow so I can see how they do in ice. Ill probably not buy a different type of tires as long as I am in the Rocky Mountain Region.

Dmski

Adventurer
Now this is an R50! You guys in Colorado have some great trails to explore. I'm likin the front bumper too. Ahhh... had I gone pathfinder....

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Now this is an R50! You guys in Colorado have some great trails to explore. I'm likin the front bumper too. Ahhh... had I gone pathfinder....

Thank you! Haha Colorado people sure do. Im from Wyoming which has its share but Colorado is the go-to in fall and spring. I only made about 20 percent of the bumper haha. Just do a titan swap on your xterra and youll have a way more envy from me lol. The aftermarket support you can enjoy is eons above pathfinder's.

kbahus

Adventurer
Kelly Flats is a great trail, not sure what it looks like this year but in the past the left line up Heart Attack Hill is the easiest while staying right has some good action but you need big tires and a spotter so you don't get crossed up. I have heard the bypass is more difficult than the climb but I have never tried it, I always go up the hill. It is also pretty hard to get through the chutes in a larger suv without body damage but there is a road around it.

richard310

pew pew
It's been awhile since I've snooped around this thread. Quite a lot has happened since then! I'm loving the way your Pathy is heading. Keep it up!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Kelly Flats is a great trail, not sure what it looks like this year but in the past the left line up Heart Attack Hill is the easiest while staying right has some good action but you need big tires and a spotter so you don't get crossed up. I have heard the bypass is more difficult than the climb but I have never tried it, I always go up the hill. It is also pretty hard to get through the chutes in a larger suv without body damage but there is a road around it.
Good advice! Like I said, we will be bringing the atv and since this is my DD, ill probably stick to that little machine. You run it in your 80?

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
It's been awhile since I've snooped around this thread. Quite a lot has happened since then! I'm loving the way your Pathy is heading. Keep it up!

Wheel spacers and maybe a snorkel but this build is done haha. Ill just have trip pictures now most likely.. Oh and tinkering. Thanks for stopping by!

richard310

pew pew
Wheel spacers and maybe a snorkel but this build is done haha. Ill just have trip pictures now most likely.. Oh and tinkering. Thanks for stopping by!

I'm on the same boat as well :) looking forward to trip pictures as modified trucks are useless without them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke