seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
Installed the larger, upgraded calipers and new rotors today. I had been dealing with warped rotors for quite a while. Immediately I have no more steering shimmy on the highway. I needed new pads, so I decided I might as well install the larger 231mm caliper that takes a larger pad. If you want to do the same, here's a how to with part numbers and all that- http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-brakes/65633-upgrade-your-early-tundra-brakes-1-a/

You can also see that the two year old powdercoat on my OME coils is in great shape. :rolleyes:

8F37E7C5-EFE0-46D4-9074-B030B7058FFA.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
What brand rotors? Everyone with a tundra that plan on adding weight should do the upgrade. The smaller brakes are pretty weak and cause warped rotors more often. Good job. How does it feel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
The rotors, calipers and pads are Napa. The rotors have a lifetime warranty against warpage and I'm not sold on drilled and/or slotted.

I had a bad experience with Centric shoes (could be because they were made in China...) and corrected the problem with a set of Napa shoes (What do ya know, made in the USA!).

MobTuff

Observer
Super noob question but what's the deal with re-gearing anyways? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Would someone like me with 33"s want to consider re-gearing? Or if I was already going to put in lockers at the same time would that be a good time to do it?

stclair

Adventurer
OK, so here's an off topic Tundra question. So mine is sitting at a local shop right now getting an Icon/Camburg/Deaver suspension installed. Turns out the lower control arms are in BAD shape. Any thoughts? Stay OEM, or is there a better aftermarket option...with bushings? Thanks!

stclair

Adventurer
Well, looks like I just answered my own question. Called the nice folks at ICON, and they said they only use the factory lower arms. Those guys are VERY helpful! Now, to find OEM with bushings at the best price! In about a day.....

LOW50S

Observer
Well, looks like I just answered my own question. Called the nice folks at ICON, and they said they only use the factory lower arms. Those guys are VERY helpful! Now, to find OEM with bushings at the best price! In about a day.....

Local napa?

Benc

Explorer
Any word on something like this for 2014? I will not be making it to CBI anytime soon as I'd hoped. Still have my fingers crossed for other options.

Sorry to say but you guys are probably out of luck on a bumper that low profile. At least without relocating some stuff. There is a lot more crap that hangs low on the tundras. Most company's will not put into production a bumper that requires a lot of mods to be installed. Here's one I built for my brother in laws and it is about as low profile as I could get without showing the washer reservoir ect.
aduda2e6.jpg
yjy6a9ug.jpg
3ejurana.jpg
utavy8ub.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
How heavy are those front bumpers. I would love to have one. Got a local fab guy that might help make it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke