seanpistol's 01 Tundra

skywhitney

Squirrel
I'm also pretty late to the party but just read through your entire thread over the last day. You've done an amazing build on the truck (not sure how you could have considered selling it!) and it has given me a number of ideas for my truck. I have an 03 Tundra that I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to rectify a number of decisions I made for looks instead of functionality.

Tagging along to see where your build goes from here!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
Thanks for the comments. It's always nice to get a compliment on your rig when you put a lot of time and effort into it.

I've considered selling it many times, have actually had it for sale twice, and have pulled it both times. I'd love a diesel, or just to change it up, but I can't justify it at this point in time. Often times I'm a spur of the moment decision maker, but the practicality of this rig cannot be beat and I think about that when I'm hauling balls on the freeway and the rarity that I actually need to tow something over 5000 lbs. This thread is a rollercoaster and will probably continue to be. A few months ago I was in talks with a local guy to buy his Ford Dana 60 and 14 bolt with 5.13s and ARBs, but decided I didn't have time for that project at this point in time. Yesterday I thought that I don't have time for the Four Wheel Camper. I am completely remodeling my house, work full time, take classes, am leaving for the Middle East soon, and have no time to play which is all I want to do. So I listed the camper for sale as a project for all I have into it plus a profit. Didn't think I'd get a hit, but it was gone within 12 hours! Good thing the guy never came to get my bedrack I recently made... I'll need another rooftop tent.

The rollercoaster continues, but the Tundra isn't going anywhere in the forseeable future (which is only a couple years down the road).

rickashay

Explorer
Ahh. Was looking forward to the camper built too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth on the practicality and usability of the Gen 1 Tundra. Hands down my favorite Toyota that I've ever owned.

I'm about to have my own thread rollercoaster....:Wow1:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Truth on the practicality and usability of the Gen 1 Tundra. Hands down my favorite Toyota that I've ever owned.

I'm about to have my own thread rollercoaster....:Wow1:

Coming from someone who has had a few other toys like the runner and 80 says a lot about the tundra.

Oh O. It's either SA or different rig!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tyv12

Adventurer
My only real complaint with the tundra is the front end, seems impossible to keep aligned, all they need is a SA and I think once someone posts a detailed thread on how they did their a bunch ofguys are gonna go thay route

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
My only real complaint with the tundra is the front end, seems impossible to keep aligned, all they need is a SA and I think once someone posts a detailed thread on how they did their a bunch ofguys are gonna go thay route

Going with polyurethane lower control arm bushings will help a lot with alignment. Most have Poly upper arm bushings but not lower.

seanpistol

Explorer
Currently thinking about heading down the 10th, playing the 11th and 12th and heading back late Saturday the 12th or early Sunday the 13th.

Would be awesome if you could make it

Blender

Adventurer
That'll be a tight schedule for me. I return to Phoenix late on the 11th. The fastest I could realistically get to Moab would be ~2pm on the 12th. If your crew will want to run a cool trail that evening it'd be worth my while. Anybody wheeling Sunday? I could pull a vacation day to return Monday.

seanpistol

Explorer
That'll be a tight schedule for me. I return to Phoenix late on the 11th. The fastest I could realistically get to Moab would be ~2pm on the 12th. If your crew will want to run a cool trail that evening it'd be worth my while. Anybody wheeling Sunday? I could pull a vacation day to return Monday.

It's a possibility. I'll send you a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles